To accelerate our capability for creating great marketing programs, we are increasing our resource devoted to connections planning. The role of a connections planner is to consider all the things we could
do to create a connections plan across all Owned, Earned, Shared and Paid connections and then identify just the things we should
This role is responsible, in partnership with brand marketers, creative partners, public relations, customer teams and bottling partners, for determining how to best invest brands direct marketing expense (DME) to build best in class connections plans.
This person should be capable of linking the business strategy to communication strategy and translating the communication strategy into an optimal connections plan. This role also ensures the connections strategy is fully integrated into the core creative idea across owned, earned, shared and paid channels to deliver brand objectives.
He or she will be part of negotiations for $10-$40M in paid media investments against national and local media (TV, Print, OOH, Radio, Digital, etc.) and Customer media (In-store, PRN), social and search efforts with the support of media agencies.Key Duties & Responsibilities
Function Specific Activities:
- Act as the SME of consumer channel behaviors and trends
- Experience with strategy development and media planning and buying both online and offline
- Translate business objectives and brand strategy into compelling agency briefs
- Partner with Cross Functional team of Brand, IMC and Customer teams to deliver integrated communications programs
- Activate programs with external media agencies and vendor companies and serve as the broader teams day-2-day contact for questions and deliverables
- Assess results of programs, provide post-program reviews that capture learnings and incorporate them into future work
- Understand program impact across the full path-to-purchase considering shopper/consumer/bottler in the planning process
- Constantly strive to leverage media tools (analytics, MMM, audience data, bespoke research, IMC Tracking, competitive reporting) to close the loop of impressions, expressions, conversations and actions through to transactions and advocacy
- Exceptional communication skills that can influence the integrated marketing plan to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Coordinate custom research efforts with internal and supplier partners as necessary to effectively measure program ROI across revenue, brand equity, and shopper engagement
- Knowledge of external partner landscape (agencies, content companies, suppliers of products/experiences etc.) to identify optimal execution and deals where appropriate
- Find innovative ways to create differentiated programs that inspire consumers to choose The Coca-Cola Company
- Manage the execution and delivery of multiple connections programs to hit targets, optimize efficiencies and remains on budget
- Must have foundations in all things 'media', Innovative planning mindset, natural problem solver, great communicator, great collaborator, balance long-term relationships and short-term programs, analytical bent, inspires and influences peers, colleagues, customers and other parties.
Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferredProfessional Experience
- 3 or more years of experience in Marketing, Media or Connections Planning/Technology required
- 5 or more years of experience in Marketing, Media or Connections Planning/Technology preferred
- Experience working within a large, highly-matrixed organization preferred
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.