Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
This role is a member of the Contact Center Operational Excellence leadership team.
This role is responsible for leading a team that manages and facilitates all activities necessary to support continuous improvement initiatives within the National Contact Centers. This includes defining new processes for new customer service capabilities, addressing complex problems and opportunities that directly improve the customer experience, and/or working with standard work documentation teams as process improvements are identified.
This work will drive the consistency in our processes to deliver a consistent and effortless customer experience every time.
- Baseline core processes:
- Prioritize and facilitate complex improvement opportunities surfaced by operational teams and cross functional partners such as sales and other supply chain functions
- Work with Standard Work Teams to define processes, procedures and job aids for delivery of effortless customer service
- Value stream map all core customer service functions - ID break-thru customer experience and productivity opportunities ($3M to $6M annually)
- Drive rapid standardization across network (3.1 Billion in Sales)
- Define and implement process metrics enabling evaluation of process
- Manage the governance required to perform core processes
- Partner with Contact Center leadership team to establish skill assessment and certification approach
- Work with CI and Operations leadership to leverage stand work and job aids to audit team member compliance for consistent customer experience
- Works with the business to identify opportunities and risks that may exist. Facilitates discussion with the business to problem solve these opportunities/gaps
- Support for projects / requests:
- Special customer requests
- Growth and Productivity
- Branch, DC
- 3 rd Party Sourcing
- M&A support
- Agile, focused SWAT team to drive short term improvements in problem areas
- High powered network analytics - data based decision making
- Support the process to evaluate operating procedures and standards across all CCs to ensure that they provide an integrated approach to evaluate the effectiveness of each facility and the network as a whole. Identify any gaps and ensure that the measurement process evolves along with the operation and the needs of the business.
- Partner with Finance and CC Ops support staff to analyze operating results. Identify gaps on key issues and work with Operational leadership to address
- Act as the liaison between CC Operations and key support departments including cross functionally. The primary focus will be to coordinate the needs and the priorities of the CC network for those issues that require support from other departments. Key departments include, HR, IT, Finance, Indirect Purchasing, and Legal. Other key departments in Supply Chain include, Branches, DCs, Product Management, Logistics Management, and other business partners
- Regularly conduct benchmark studies to identify best practice sharing present both within and outside of Grainger. Recommend, develop, and implement operational changes as appropriate.
- Partner with ES to define CC technology roadmap and associated business cases
- A BA/BS degree is preferred along with 2-3 years demonstrated hands on experience in developing and implementing creative solutions within a complex Contact Center, Operational and/or Supply Chain environment.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of a broad contact center system
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.