Responsible for assisting with the development of the "deal story" and individual proposals and contracts for product and service offerings for the segment and customers that are assigned. Develops knowledge of the accounts assigned including an understanding of account issues, strategies, contract language and actual performance and business metrics. Works closely with peers within the Contracts & Pricing Department to facilitate contract implementation, monitoring, compliance and analysis for assigned accounts and contracts.Job Responsibilities
- Assists Sales colleagues and participates in the joint account planning process and management activities for assigned customer segments and accounts.
- Collaborates cross functionally with Sales, Finance and Pricing colleagues to develop, analyze and implement strategic account plans that maximize account profitability for assigned customer segments and accounts.
- Develops specific account knowledge and understanding of contractual terms and actual performance to assist Sales partners in developing and enhancing account strategies, pricing and contract language.
- Develops and manages account proposals related to products and services for assigned customer segments and accounts.
- Collaborates with Contract Directors to ensure consistency in all contracting efforts to ensure compliance and uniformity with company objectives and/or regulatory requirements.
- Negotiates small to medium contracts and books of business.
- Develops an understanding of the competitive landscape, customer issues and business strategies that affect designated accounts and contracts. Strong knowledge and understanding of departmental data, business metrics and operational processes.
- Informs next level management of contract risks for assigned contracts. Recommends course of action to reduce/minimize risk to the organization.
- Follows operational procedures utilizing defined methodology and approach to evaluate proposals. Ensures that the analytical framework for proposal development is adhered to and presents action oriented data for consideration to decision makers.
- Develops proposals and contracts that comply with Divisional goals and objective as well as Corporate policies and procedures. Consults with legal as needed to draft specific contract language that meets business objectives.
- Collaborates with Sales colleagues in the review and approval process for specific account proposals. Ensures account proposals, models and pricing are accurate and completed in accordance with defined service levels in order to meet internal and external customer timelines.
- Presents proposals, benchmarks and strategy to governing committees as needed.
- Ensures that Analyst(s) supporting their accounts have a knowledge and understanding of the systems, operational processes and product pricing strategies for each respective customer segment to facilitate the development of effective proposals and contracts.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in a combination of Contracting (drafting, editing and/or negotiating a contract), Finance, Account Management, or Corporate Strategy or a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in a combination of Contracting (drafting, editing, and/or negotiating a contract), Finance, Account Management, or Corporate Strategy.
- At least 2 years of experience in contract analysis and development.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience collaborating with internal and resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience analyzing data to identify issues, trends, exceptions that results in improvement and finds solutions.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
- At least 1 year of experience of cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master Degree/MBA
- Knowledge of pharmacy segments - Commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare in retail
- Experience in pharmacy industry in areas such as Retail, PBM, Managed Care, Mail Service, and Specialty Pharmacy.