HealthTrust ( www.healthtrustpg.com ) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Members include approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
JOB SUMMARY: The National Contracts Manager is responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization. Objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions.
Position's key area of focus will be sourcing initiatives that are primarily categories with low to medium spend, complexity, risk and sensitivity. Position may have some responsibility for other types of categories for the purposes of development and workload allocation. It is preferred that the individual possess knowledge or experience in principles and concepts related to sourcing and contract management.
Individual may require time to build knowledge of the industry, organization, processes, suppliers and customers. Individual will follow standard practices and policies in analyzing situations and data and solve a range of straightforward problems.
DUTIES (included but not limited to):
- Plan and execute project timeliness for assigned categories, with guidance from manager.
- Understanding or aptitude to learn the product categories assigned and how end-users interface with the products.
- Understanding or demonstrated ability to learn in-depth aspects of portfolio:
- Product features and benefits
- Product comparisons between supplier offerings
- Operational impact to provider
- Interpretation and use of market information provided by global sourcing team
- With guidance from manager, Individual must be able to use knowledge about supplier to executive strategies, create leverage, and mitigate risks.
- With the guidance of their manager, employee will develop the strategy of assigned categories that are handled through a comprehensive acquisition process (CAP) that require strategy development. Individual will seek guidance of manager for risk issues and agreed upon risk mitigation strategies.
- Under general supervision, the employee is responsible for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Including market research, bid preparation, RFI/RFP, contract negotiations, and contract launch. CAP category strategies and final awards must be presented and validated by customer-led Advisory Boards and a customer-led, executive-level Supply Chain Board. Employee's board presentations must be well prepared, concise, and articulated clearly.
- Oversee supplier relationship during the sourcing process. Participate in supplier business reviews and review new products/technologies as they arise in assigned categories.
- Build stable working relationships with customers with interaction primarily being through member advisory/supply chain board presentations.
- Collaboration required with functional team throughout sourcing process:
- Legal staff on development and finalization of contract
- Financial analysts on assessing supplier proposals
- Board leads on meeting with advisory boards
- Contract analysts on product/price loading of awarded agreements
- Portfolio specialists and communications on contract launch/implementation
- Account management in their customer-facing duties related to the portfolio
- Meet/exceed financial & operational goals in the annual contracting plan.
- Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct.
- Resolve supplier and/or customer issues, as escalated by Portfolio Specialist.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and build trust and respect by consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Customers are internal and external.
- Work with HealthTrust audit team to assist and facilitate engagement and finalization of audit projects.
- Accredited College Bachelor's Degree preferred (Supply Chain, Healthcare, Business, Finance)
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience preferred. Preferred experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating a variety of contracts in the (Insert Contracting Area)
- Relevant work experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Strategic sourcing
- Contract negotiation
- Contract management
- Supply chain operations
- Materials management / purchasing
- Contracting financial analysis
- Healthcare knowledge preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom