Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our company's success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
As a Contracts Manager you will be responsible for performance of activities relating to proposal management for new contracts, negotiation of contract terms and conditions, creation, and negotiation of contracts and special agreements, contract flow down, negotiation of claims and settlements for labor and material costs. This may include audit, control, or liaison functions with both suppliers and customers and overall management of contract compliance to standard procedures.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Your responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
- Lead contracting positions and strategy on business terms approach with a focus on mitigating contract liability and risk by driving solid negotiating solutions
- Engage in proposal and contract position review at RFP phase and prior to customer submittal
- Establish and build customer relationships
- Formation of Contracts and special agreements
- Contract review and customer flow down
- Managing commercial item assertions
- Resolve conflicts or disputes with customers relating to contractual compliance or interpretation
- Assure that SIS contracting policies are align with applicable UTAS prescribed policies
- Work closely with Customer Service Representatives, Program Management and Business Development to assure overall compliance to contract review, contract flow down and overall contractual requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision
Level of Responsibility:
- Work closely with all levels and functions throughout the organization to assure overall compliance to the contract requirements
- Responsible for complying with direction and objectives in alignment with business unit goals and objectives
- Contributes to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas
- Has Contracts expert knowledge, can work independently on contract formation and can effectively drive contract administration activities
- Terms risk summary
- Executed Contract/Agreement
- Contracts compliance to the life cycle of contract
- As an ideal candidate you will have a background in contracting with commercial, military, and government customers, preferably in aerospace and/or defense systems
- Experience with negotiation of contracts, NDAs/PIAs, and other types of agreements
- Knowledge of FARs, DFARs, and other applicable government /military contracting is beneficial
- Experience in a customer facing role, dealing with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication skills are required, both verbal and written
Individual must be a US Citizen Education:
BA/BS degree w/6-10+ years of experience
MA/MS degree w/4-7+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .