What you will do
Provide financial/valuation, process management and transaction execution support for M&A, divestitures, and other strategic initiatives. Take a lead role on small transactions or select portions of larger transactions.
The individual will be a member of the corporate development team and provide support on work associated with mergers and acquisitions consistent with JCI' overall business strategy. The individual will support the targeting, valuation and due diligence review processes to ensure that all M&A activities meet JCI's financial and business objectives.
The Corporate Development Office plays a pivotal role to drive increased enterprise value by applying industry experience with proactive deal making to achieve strategic objectives and drive corporate growth. The Office is tasked with creating value on a long-term basis, helping maintain the company's competitive advantages, and achieving its strategic objectives by (i) identifying growth opportunities, (ii) evaluating acquisitions, divestitures, investments and other transactions and (iii) managing the deal execution and integration processes.How you will do it
- Providing analytical support, including financial statement analysis and model development; valuation analysis; industry research; and the preparation of various presentations and documents including descriptive memoranda, management presentations and internal transaction review/approval documents for senior management. Oversee and guide junior deal team to ensure delivery of exceptional quality work product.
- Perform and oversee financial modeling and valuation analyses on public and private companies: comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, discounted cash flow analysis and three statement modeling
- Develop and oversee marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A strategic alternatives
- Assisting in the due diligence process, including process planning, project management of various work streams and ultimately integration of all due diligence findings into reports and implications analyses
- Supporting integration planning as relevant, along with other business and functional personnel
- Supporting any dispositions of assets, facilities or businesses such as may arise in future
- Providing analytical support and management of ad hoc projects as required
- Build and maintain productive relationships with corporate executives, business unit officers, target company management teams, and industry and professional networks that can assist in corporate development initiatives.
- Assess and continually improve the internal deal selection, M&A execution and post-deal monitoring processes
#external What we look for Required
- 3+ years' experience working in a transactional environment (corporate development, venture capital, private equity, investment banking or substantially equivalent experience) required
- BS in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or other relevant degree required
- MBA, or other relevant degree from a top tier program preferred
Who we are
- Highly motivated and talented individual with demonstrated interest in corporate finance, investment banking, accounting, and financial markets
- Significant experience in execution of transactions on both the buy and sell side
- Strong team player with a positive 'can-do' attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, resourceful and flexible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to succinctly express ideas to various audiences including senior management and external consultants.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative assessment skills and critical thinking skills
- Advanced skill set in financial analysis techniques and GAAP along with strong technical skills
- Advanced skill set in business valuation and financial modeling (e.g., comparable company, precedent transactions, IRR, leverage buy-out, discounted cash flow and three statement models)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced skill level), Powerpoint and Word
- Must be detail oriented and process driven
- Ability to manage competing projects and priorities
- Ability to manage and develop junior team resources
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.