More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
Conduct, lead, and oversee data analyses required to optimize Category Management within the multi-unit account segment. The Manager will be responsible for creation and implementation of data resource tools, development and completion of team goals, and most importantly, end-to- end management of select multi-unit accounts from a CatMan program development standpoint. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the first line of communication between Sysco (Sourcing, Category Management, RVP, Segment Lead) and the customer for deal/program related activity
- Responsible for end-to-end management of the customer relationship as it pertains to:
- Presentation of Analytics
- Explanation and clarification of programs and their subsequent projected impact
- Communication of issues and collaborative resolution of those issues
- Manages all program related aspects of the Joint Business Planning Process (JBP) :
- Participates in pre-reads before kick-off meeting
- Develops strategic plans based on customer type/philosophy and sets go forward expectations
- Designs roll out calendars and customer specific analytics templates
- Develops customer specific progress tracking mechanisms
- Communicates with internal teams (finance, merchandising, supply chain, marketing) to ensure one common and coordinated message to the external customer
- Maintains constant and direct communication with the JBP customer including:
- Leading weekly update calls
- Participation in on-site business reviews
- Traveling to customer HQ for necessary business meeting
- Responsible for management of proactive opportunities and the tools associated with the process:
- Identifies margin accretive opportunities for Sysco that also benefit the customer's COGS
- Gathers intel through direct conversations with customers and RVPs to ensure categories being pursued are realistic given current landscape
- Reviews analyst created programs after initial share of financial optics and ensures they are implemented timely and OPCOs are ready for execution
- Liaises with commodity category leads to communicate customer requests as they relate to guaranteed cost agreements beyond normal intervals:
- Includes risk analysis and historical knowledge of customer programs
- Collaborates with commodity category Sr. Director/Director to understand category market trends and Sysco's formula based agreements with awarded suppliers
- Makes a joint, risk-based decision to extend or not extend a GCA to the customer
- Communicates with customer/RVP on findings and helps find alternative solutions if necessary
- Assists in the coordination of product cuttings for both JBP customers and any other customers that are on site for a review:
- Manages analytics process by supplying the sales planning organization with the applicable SKUs
- Ensures alternate specs are available based on profitability levels and customer's known desires for choice
- Gives analysts guidance for preparation of spec sheets including financial detail for customer discussion during the cutting
- Manages program renewal process for all MUA customer
- Liaises with RVP to understand compliance to current program
- Recommends changes to the program based on market conditions and usage
- Communicates program changes (if any) to RVP and customer where applicable (JBP type relationships)
- Works closely with director leadership to monitor departmental processes and procedures to ensure goals are achieved.
- Manages communication with RVPs/Customers/Sales Team to understand the business drivers in order to develop strategies and solutions related to data analytics that support segment goals.
- Mentors and trains less senior associates (analysts).
- Develop business process guidelines to ensure tasks are performed correctly and efficiently.
- Participate in talent selection process by interviewing and assessing skills/abilities of potential analyst candidates.
- Take active role in performance management process for analysts in the organization. Provide input and make recommendations on team departmental goals.
- Manage and provide input for the development and maintenance of reports analyzing current state and future opportunities related to CMU Category Management product assortment optimization
- Oversee and contribute to analysis of purchasing patterns, profitability, and customer conversion opportunities
- Develop ideas and tools to improve usability of Sysco's internal data sources
- Field and manage the performance and completion of all other ad- hoc reports required to support the Corporate Multi Unit organization
- Minimum 6+ years of business analytics experience
- Must have extensive customer interaction and presentation experience
- Advanced knowledge of database design and management
- Experience of using Microsoft Access, SQL, Visual Basic, Data Structures, Database Access and Reporting
- Exceptional Excel skills (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, graphing, data connections, and automation using macros and VBA)
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
Analytics expert with strong conceptual problem solving skills and intermediate people management skills. Intrinsic capabilities
- Strong quantitative problem solver who can structure complex issues and interpret large data sets comfortably
- Ability to manage multiple work streams for multiple customers - proper prioritization of workload is critical.
- Strong communicator and polished presentation skills related to direct external customer interaction.
- Analytical thinker who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Self-driven individual who is able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities, while assisting the director in the management of the team.
- Collaborative team player who can work across functions (e.g., Category management, Market merchandising, Supplier relations)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position must be performed from the Corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.