Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Manager, Corporate Strategy at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Purpose:
To lead the scoping and execution of corporate strategy and marketing initiatives (as established by the VP of Corporate Development) and to support the overall Corporate Strategic Planning process. Serve as a key contributor to establishing a high performance corporate strategy function. Nature and Scope:
The position is the Manager of Corporate Strategy and reports directly to the VP of Corporate Development. The position is responsible for leading corporate strategy and marketing initiatives, managing project teams comprised of associates from within the corporate strategy functions as well as from within business units and supporting the Merger and Acquisition (M&A) initiatives within the Corporate Development function. The position will also be a key contributor to the development and execution of training programs to be conducted within the Corporate Development group.
Strategy and Marketing initiatives will be established by the VP of Corporate Development in support of the implementation of enterprise priorities and the overall strategic planning process. Initiatives will also be shaped by through the support given to the business units to identify and address key strategic challenges at the business unit level. M&A activities will impact the priorities for this position.
This position will be leading or facilitating strategic initiatives (or projects) throughout the project lifecycle. Projects will typically begin with a scoping process aimed at identifying the key questions to be addressed. Next, a framework is developed to establish the logic to be used to answer the key questions. Then an approach is developed that outlines the data, analysis, resources, milestones, timeline and working model to be used to execute the project. Lastly, the project is managed through execution and results are shared with key constituents, typically with an action plan for next steps.
This position will be responsible for developing training materials as part of establishing a high performance corporate strategy and marketing function and conducting training with others within the corporate strategy and marketing groups. Training will focus on developing key skills required to effectively deliver strategy work including: developing content and insight, building influence and commitment and building and leveraging talent.
The key challenge of this position will be to effectively determine deliverables with cross functional resources to deliver high quality deliverables ready for senior executives, within an established timeframe. The scope of work will span from strategy development, implementation and M&A. Outputs will typically be needed to support senior management dialogues and help drive key strategic, M&A and/or organizational decisions.
- Identify the most critical strategic issues (or questions) to be addressed as part of the corporate strategic planning process and/or by working with business units in support of their strategy efforts.
- Develop analytical frameworks and approaches to solve identified questions or challenges identified by the CEO or through M&A activities.
- Formulate and develop executive-ready materials and present findings to senior executives.
- Create feasible work plans that meet overall objectives, timing and resources.
- Lead enterprise project execution and manage multiple work streams and cross functional teams (e.g., ongoing cost reduction effort).
- Maintain key data sources used to support strategic decision-making (e.g., global asset database, global IG revenue model, global market shares database).
- Develop training materials and conduct training for new hires into the corporate strategy or corporate marketing groups and manage key functional processes (e.g., knowledge management, recruiting, building awareness).
- Support development of materials used in the Board of Directors meeting and investor events.
- Serve as key point of contact for business units in the management of strategy projects and facilitate meetings as appropriate.
- B.S. / B.A. degree required. Degree from a top-tier university in an analytical, business-related or scientific discipline (e.g. engineering, economics, finance, etc.) preferred. Advanced Degree preferred (M.S., MBA, and/or PhD).
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years' strategy consulting experience managing project teams in environments where driving change is required. Additional industry experience from (discrete or continuous) global manufacturing companies is a plus.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #20960BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.