This growing legal department will allow you to showcase your talents in a fast paced, fun environment. At Capital One, you get to work with bright and intelligent individuals who with help elevate you to a new level. If you enjoy working with a team of high performing top talent, Capital One is the place for you! Our legal team thrives on collaborating and creates an environment where everyone’s voice is heard. This exciting role will allow you to use your depth and breadth of experience to strategize and influence upper management as well as the business lines you support. In addition, you will have the opportunity to enhance your skills and broaden your knowledge. Come to Capital One to be a part of challenging work while enjoying our exceptional culture and work life balance.
- Provide legal advice and support to business partners
- Manage the successful delivery of services by outside counsel
- Assist senior attorneys in connection with corporate initiatives and strategic projects
- Build and maintain effective and engaging working relationships with Legal colleagues, business partners and outside counsel.
- Assist lead lawyer in advising business partners on policies and procedures
- Provide information to legal partners about trends and issues
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of law firm, government or in-house legal department work experience
- 3-5 years experience in-house legal department or other work setting in which candidate supported clients in financial service industry
- 3-5 years experience on consumer regulatory matters
- Familiarity with financial services consumer regulatory laws and regulations or related litigation experience – specifically mortgage and auto loans
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in identifying, investigating and resolving source of issues that lead to complaints
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage large volume of work, including complex legal issues that may arise suddenly
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player, with comfort interacting with associates across departments and job levels
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.