Manager, Counsel - Regulatory Advisory
The Legal Department’s Regulatory Advisory team is hiring an attorney to advise Capital One on a range of U.S. Card Collections issues and to support horizontal operations for the Legal Loss Mitigation group.
This role requires a decisive attorney with the skill and experience to make tough calls—supported by solid reasoning—in an ever-changing and often ambiguous regulatory environment. The successful candidate must thrive during periods of rapid and sometimes unpredictable change. We are looking for someone who challenges the status quo, will help us constantly raise the bar, and who pushes for a higher level of performance. Will this role will be intense at times? Yes. However, we know that people who have fun at work are more creative, more productive, and work better. This means that fun—and encouraging humor—are essential to this role and our culture.
- Advising U.S. Card Collections on federal, state and local laws and regulatory guidance
- Partnering with U.S. Card Collections to mitigate regulatory and reputational risk
- Drafting, interpreting, applying, and enforcing internal policies and procedures
- Becoming an expert in federal and state debt collection and consumer protections laws and regulatory expectations
- Analyzing new and emerging debt collection laws and regulations and advising on compliance
- Minimal travel
- Have demonstrated litigation and/or regulatory experience, preferably in loss mitigation laws and regulations as well as broader consumer finance laws and regulations
- Thrive and contribute in a multi-faceted role (subject matter expert, problem-solver, and strategic influencer)
- Ideate and execute solutions that bring value to both business partners and Legal Loss Mitigation team (e.g., developing projects and processes to provide counsel in an integrated fashion and improve team operations)
- Advise business partners under ambiguous circumstances
- Possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Embed in the business to build relationships and develop a deep understanding of operations and processes
- Have excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Enjoy collaborating in a team-focused culture and interacting with associates across departments and job levels
- Welcome the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment with minimal supervision
- At least a JD with state bar admission or military experience
- At least 3 years of law firm experience OR at least 3 years’ government experience OR at least 3 years of in-house legal department work experience
- Knowledge of, and proficiency with, financial and consumer protection laws (e.g., FDCPA, FCRA, UDAAP, and state debt collection laws)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.