At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the daily management of activities and processes within the Retail Receivables Management group, primarily focused on all automated collection processes and portfolio optimization in the Mass Market business. The manager is responsible for direct supervision of internal Receivables Management staff (2-4 FTEs), in addition to shared oversight of a large number of outsourced agents at first party collection agencies (+25). As a first level manager within the credit organization, this position will require a detailed understanding of the Retail products offered by the Company and the marketplace in order to effectively manage the assigned portfolio.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Supervise a team that actively oversees the automated collections processes for Retail Accounts Receivable and optimization of the Mass Markets portfolio, acting as a key liaison to first party collection agencies
2. Lead continuous improvement efforts to (1) enhance the collections process through further automation of manual processes allowing more time on value add analysis and reporting and (2) develop additional analytics, which may include advanced analytics and/or predictive modeling, to allow for optimization of collections activities
3. Retain primary responsibility for oversight, maintenance, and improvement of Constellation Retail Receivables Management systems
4. Create, maintain, and manage to all the appropriate KPIs utilized by a collections teams, specifically Mass Markets Bad Debt metrics and 1st Party Collection Agency performance targets
5. Supervise the preparation of presentations to Risk Leadership and Retail Senior Management that include bad debt performance, systems integrations, continues improvement initiative updates, and other relevant topics
6. Work closely with internal Operations departments to influence process and policy changes that impact accurate invoicing through exceptional relationship management. Build and maintain strong relationships with internal Credit Risk counterparts and 1st Party Collection Agencies
•BS in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related degree
•At least 8 years of experience in a business related field, including 1-2 years in key leadership role(s) with a track record of delivering strong performance on financial data analysis, accounting, risk management, systems optimization, and/or operational effectiveness
•Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting fundamentals
•Knowledge of bad debt and write off process and its impact on the financials
•Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle multiple duties
•Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with commercial and functional partners, external counterparties, vendors, and senior level executives within Risk, Finance, and the Retail Business.
•Must be self motivated and possess excellent time management skills
•Strong computer and spreadsheet modeling skills
•Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced professional environment.
•MBA, MSF, FRM, CPA, or CFA
•Completion of formal credit training program
•Knowledge of front end credit evaluation, bankruptcies, and workouts.
The Manager, AR Portfolio Optimization is closely aligned with the business and functional leaders throughout the organization, and is expected to foster and maintain strong working partnerships with their respective peers. Through its interaction with Retail Credit, Accounting, Operations, and other internal groups, this function provides valuable insight and reports to ensure the financial viability of the Corporation. Decisions made by this group can substantially impact the bottom line of the organization and are expected to reflect the risk profile set forth by the Company.
•This position requires travel to other Constellation locations and 1st Party Collection Vendors as needed (5-10 trips annually)
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm</p>