The Manager, Customer Experience is responsible for direct management of a team of 15 Customer Experience Agents. The leader role is the key to ensuring Grainger contact center teams are delivering peak performance. This is done by providing direct coaching to NEX team members and Supervisors. The leader ensures engagement from the entire team and ensures that the team is able to overcome obstacles.
Manage processes to ensure compliance with company policies/procedures, continual process improvement. Ensure the timeliness, quality and effectiveness of all processes performed within a given area of responsibility. Works within organization and cross functionally on special projects to drive Grainger's Growth Map Strategy.
- Owns business partner relationship to ensure cross functional operations are optimal (i.e. Sales, Branches, etc )
- Handles high level Sr. Management escalations (i.e. Help Phone or Seller inquiries)
- Participates in Organizational involvement:
- Develops staffing recommendations and partners with WFM & training and onboarding plan for the team (i.e. TPS/SCS)
- Owning a process/project as applicable
- Works directly with cross functional RSVPs to partner and communicate business updates:
- Go to market strategy
- Standard work instructions, KPI, training, quality monitoring,
- Managing vision and process
- Must have the ability to problem solve both simple and complex issues from team members and business relationship
- Develop and implement departmental changes enhancing workflow optimization
- Facilitate and/or lead quality excellence teams on special projects
- Ability to develop and maintain positive employee, customer and cross-functional team relations; actively engaged in team member development
- Supervises the daily operations of a team of representatives that support internal and external customers that want to place an order, have questions, or concerns regarding their account.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and evaluates work flow. Coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements.
- Identify and recommend operational improvements.
- Provides immediate supervision, monitors workflow, and assigns tasks, goals and objectives.
- Will be responsible for the direct management of approximately 15 front line agents
- Provides frequent, direct coaching and development to team members including daily huddles and weekly 1 on 1 coaching
- Spends at least 60% of time directly working with team to guide development and performance
- Reviews performance metrics, diagnoses root cause of underperformance and develops an improvement plan
- Monitors phone calls on a regular basis and scores those calls based on internal quality standards
- Keeps team informed of key events in the center and solicits feedback
- Responsible/Accountable for selection/hiring, on-boarding/training of new hires
- Drives employee engagement through direct interaction and support. Celebrates team and individual success.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of customer service experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Supervisory experience.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years leading leaders
- Proven process improvement experience (analytics, problem-solving, and decision making skills) in order to drive results.
- Experience in LEAN preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organization skills, employee development skills, and team building.
- Prior experience managing TM's preferred.
- Passion for customer service, sales and team member development with an ability to energize others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities.
- Ability to train and coach team members on processes, procedures, compliance and product knowledge.
- Strong competence in the use of technology and software applications including SAP, CRM, Impact 360 and other emerging technologies.
- Ability to plan, organize and delegate work.
- Ability to influence team members to achieve individual and team objectives.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.