Manager, Customer Loyalty and Promotional Insights (Job Number: 023503)
Deerfield Corporate - 200 WILMOT RD
200 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Manages a team responsible for developing and implementing protocols that comply with established policies, procedures and standards of the specified discipline. Outcomes managed have an impact on the specified area of responsibility. Manager is responsible for creating and recommending promotional strategies for individual categories based on profit and sales goals. He/she will present plans to senior Merchandising leadership and shares insights and recommendations to all levels of the Merchandising organization. Creates plans to incorporate industry best practices and technology including training for direct reports and internal clients.
The manager will develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace. Utilizes metrics to assess promotional performance drivers such as offer types, funding rates and incremental sales. Additionally, individually responsible for analyzing promotional sales and profitability at the division and business unit level. This process includes data mining, analyzing data, and making strategic and tactical recommendations to Divisional Merchandising Managers and General Merchandising Managers. Job Responsibilities
- Manages the daily operational activities that develop and implement multiple components / processes for a specified section of work within Customer Loyalty and Insights. Manages a team responsible for developing and implementing protocols that comply with established policies, procedures and standards of the specified functional area. Outcomes managed have an impact on the specified area of responsibility.
- May become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. May make recommended changes to strategy/roadmap for area of responsibility.
- Develops protocols to support established standards. Manages the development and implementation of processes and /or tools. May oversee team(s) assigned to projects and manages the execution processes.
- Collaborates and works cross-functionally to develop strategies to mitigate loss and/or optimize profitability. Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes and relationships.
- Continuously evaluates best practices, methodology and tools and seeks to improve deliverables in order to maintain alignment with business needs.
- Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize specified area of responsibility. Analyzes the competitive marketplace for patterns and trends and makes recommendations for application of findings. Provides recommendations in creation and development of templates, methodologies, and presentations relating to strategies for area of responsibility.
- May create and executes divisional projects based on strategic need. Utilizes project management skills to create client-focused deliverables, delegate work, execute project analysis, and deliver strategic results.
- Provides guidance, direction, coaching, and counseling to a team of analysts. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 1 year of experience indirectly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree OR MBA.
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.