This position manages and leads all aspects of customs compliance associated with the transactions involving a country/regional jurisdiction. Responsible for entry operations, processes, and activities associated with designated country/region.
• Manage customs- related compliance activities for the jurisdiction of assigned country/region.
• Implement corporate-wide customs compliance policies, standards, and processes related to: classification for import (e.g., HTS/HS/CN); entry operations; regulatory import and reporting requirements; trade programs and agreements; valuation; other government agency requirements as they relate to import compliance.
• Responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance with assigned country/region customs regulations.
• Prepare and deliver training on country specific requirements to stakeholders engaged in transactions related to assigned country/region jurisdiction.
• Ensure adherence to corporate compliance standards through training and processes.
• Collaborate with affiliate stakeholders to implement customs compliance procedures and processes.
• Monitor and provide advice on laws and regulations related to related jurisdiction's customs compliance regulations; determine and communicate the impact of proposed legal and regulatory changes and work with affected stakeholders to determine appropriate response to proposed changes.
• Evaluate and assist in implementation of trade compliance software systems as appropriate.
• Provide technical, strategic, and operational directive to the country/regional management teams by controlling and managing the flow of information, making recommendations, and providing resolution where applicable. Dictate standards and revisions as required.
• Organize, lead, and control effectively - add demonstrable value to the country/regional department in the execution of customs processes.
• Demonstrate strong leadership that excels in establishing solid teams and driving performance.
• Demonstrate superior knowledge of customs compliance, including best practices. Apply qualifications to positively affect department competencies and efficiencies.
• Drive continuous improvement of country/region trade compliance program.
• Perform other duties in support of the Global Trade Compliance program.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements • Bachelor's degree with 5 years of directly related experience. (Or, Associate's degree with 9 years of directly related experience, or HS Diploma with 13 years of directly related experience)
• Customs broker's license preferred.
• MBA or JD, equivalent legal training a plus.
• Strong English skills required.
• Fluency in second language a plus.
• Minimum five years of experience in customs compliance management.
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.