Manager, Data Analyst
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst Manager at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged to lead three types of work – Innovation, Business Intelligence and Data Management:
• Lead and drive exploration and analysis of data across a variety of data platforms (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop) to discover insights, influence and drive strategic direction
• Leverage versatile technical capabilities and team leadership skills to drive the development and implementation of data products/capabilities that enable self-service by data consumers
• Quickly grasp new technologies and influence others to adopt and implement them in their respective data product initiatives
• Participate in the development of policies, guidelines, and quality control procedures for the reporting and dissemination of the organization’s performance related data
• Oversee the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence framework that enables fact-based decision making, analysis, and insight generation.
• Serve as liaison between business domains, technology partners, data analysts, and end users to drive implementation, adoption, training, and maintenance of business intelligence data and tools
• Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
• Work collaboratively to ensure data stores and applications adhere to defined data management and data access practices, policies, and procedures
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.