Responsible for the day-to-day governance and performance management of the DBA's and database system owned by the IT.
This role will develop and implement the strategic direction; managing the database systems by implementing policies and procedure for ensuring the security and integrity of the company's databases. The ability to work and coordinate projects between internal departments and manage strategic planning is required.
* Responsible for strategic and tactical management for primarily MS SQL and DB2 systems. Manages and coordinates the day-to-day planning, design and maintenance of servers and databases.
* Accountable for developing and driving annual and continuous improvement plans for DBAs.
* Investigates industry trends and implement new technologies to improve the level of service and technology provided to the business.
* Establishes standards and procedures for all Database systems owned by IT Operations.
* Define and ensure daily operational tasks needed for optimal database performance and stability are carried out by the DBAs.
* Seek ways to actively improve the stability, performance, monitoring, security, and backups of Database systems.
* Write and maintain database documentation, requirements and standards, communicating them to development teams and others as appropriate.
* Technology leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring/teaching, critical thinking/judgment, facilitation, leading change, and team development.
* Define Database "Gold Standard" for data platforms and environments.
* Participate in project planning and scoping, change management, and resource capacity planning.
* Work closely with all IT teams and business groups to manage customer satisfaction and direct investigation and remediation of service level breakdowns.
* Assist in the management of IT communication programs that effectively describe and promote the department, products and services delivered.
* Investigate industry trends and new technologies, providing guidance and recommendations to senior management to improve the level of service provided to the business thru cost reduction and process efficiency.
* Recruit, develop, retain and motivate a team operating at a high performance level.
* Responsible for maintain as an escalation point of contact for on-call support and provide senior management
* Ability to be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and an excellent, creative problem-solver, with proven ability to successfully manage multiple disparate streams of work in a challenging, dynamic environment
* Experience with the Database code development Life Cycle
* Excellent communication and presentation skills and must possess exceptional ability to work well with individuals and teams at all levels, across all division's.
* Proficiency in developing creative Power point visual presentations to effectively communicate health of enterprise data platform to senior leadership.
* Demonstrate solid organizational and time management skills with ability to perform detailed tasks with high degree of accuracy and work and perform under pressure.
* Proficiency in implementing a progressive work culture and promote proactive monitoring and processes to maximize database system availability
* Advanced relational database proficiency in SQL, with the ability to design and execute advanced database queries. Database experience in DB2, Microsoft SQL Server required.
* Strong understanding of managing and monitoring Database systems in a high volume, highly available OLTP environment.
* Strong technical skills in Microsoft SQL server always on, as well as the latest Microsoft clustering, replication, reporting and analysis technology.
* Good understanding of DB2 LUW well as replication, backup and other ancillary tools like commvault, DB2 Optim.
* Strong understanding of Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems.
* Understanding of RDBMS.
* Microsoft SQL and DB2 best practice and standards.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives from various business units.
* Ability to lead, influence and motivate team and partners.
* Effective presentation, documentation, interpersonal, and leadership skills with a team-oriented approach are necessary.
* Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively in a fast-moving, rapidly changing environment.
* Proven people management skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Management and leadership skills to attract, retain, and motivate high talent professionals.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.