This Manager role will be the product manager responsible for developing and delivering on fraud requirements to support authorizations platform for Discover Bank debit cards including debit card processing, decision engine and card compromises. This Manager will collaborate with operations, data team, fraud strategy team, internal IT and external vendor to translate requirements into Agile features, working with the project PO to provide input on user stories with goal of fraud risk management in support of debit card business growth. As part of this effort, this Manager will understand current state of debit card fraud, system gaps and future trends in order to properly address gaps. This Manager will also be responsible for ensuring operationalization of new capabilities with the operations and the field. This individual will drive future phases of the debit card road map, including expanded decisions, CSR integration and customer features related to managing debit card activity.
This individual will partner closely with technology to successfully deliver the project on time and on budget, in a fast-paced and challenging environment, ensuring scope is managed and functionality is delivered as per requirements. This position requires a technical mindset with great attention to detail.
This role is multi-faceted, requiring a mixture of project management, analytics, problem-solving and communication skills. This individual must be able to leverage internal and external relationships and insights to delivery on key business goals. This individual will work independently, and demonstrate independent judgment. This position will report directly to the Director of Fraud and Decision Management.
* Ability to effectively lead a team and manage large-scaled projects
* Ability to work effectively with business partners
* Ability to work under own initiative, set priorities and deliver quality results on time
* Ability to formulate business issues into quality, efficient and actionable solutions
* Excellent written and oral communication skills including effective delivery of technical information to non-tech audience
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies in payment industry and leverage new data into authorization rules
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
* 5 years experience within financial services, either within credit card, payments processor or banking
* Experience working in a cross-functional environment
* Proven track record of independently managing a project end-to-end; agile methodology is preferred
* Knowledge of SQL, Excel, and Power Point; SAS programming and scripting is desirable
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent work experience; Masters degree a plus
* Proven ability to prioritize within a fast-paced environment, and deliver tasks under tight timeline with minimum guidance
* Problem solving ability that can research alternatives to determine best solution
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.