Manager Demand & Supply Planning (Job Number: 023538)
Digital & Marketing Corporate Office - 36 S WABASH AVE STE 410
36 S WABASH AVE STE 410
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for implementing forecasting and inventory management for one or more assigned categories or business units. Manages a team of Inventory Specialists, Supply Chain Analysts and Forecasters who are responsible for supporting sales and profit goals of the division while achieving inventory productivity and in-stock goals. Job Responsibilities
- Manages the development of and integration of brand specific forecasts for internal operations which include replenishment data, customer data, sales promotion information, marketing plans and new distribution/product deletions. Assists in the improvement of demand system forecasting accuracy for customers. Maintains and manages product history, forecasts and promotional demand. Analyzes internal demand stream information, and categorizes according to demand patterns. May input sales/marketing intelligence for each operating unit for use in forecast systems.
- Responsible for managing the long-term (3-year) demand planning process to assure proper inventory levels of products to support the business and satisfy customer demand. Ensures the critical analysis of inventory levels to support Company goals, and manages the development of creative solutions to inventory issues.
- Responsible for hiring, managing, training, developing and evaluating a team of Demand and Supply Planners. Oversees team to ensure they are appropriately utilizing systems, following standard work processes, completing required tasks accurately and within established deadlines. Monitors progress to goals and supports resolution of issues.
- Support the weekly and monthly Sales and Operations (S&OP) planning process by working across functional areas and with suppliers to address demand and supply imbalances. Coordinating the S&OP process with the merchandising organization, suppliers and finance. Provide 12 month rolling forecast for inventory and receipt. Define, coordinate and execute initiatives in support of the S&OP process. Coordinate weekly category meetings between IM and merchants.
- Manages replenishment, promotional and seasonal forecasting to achieve sales, inventory productivity and in stock targets. Develops forecast programs to sales, profit and inventory targets.
- Manages Self Service inventory in the Distribution Centers (DCs) and Stores for one or more divisions, ensuring appropriate inventory levels are being kept to support stores sales and in stock goals. Collaborates with suppliers and other outside entities to resolve issues, develop programs and improve efficiencies. Collaborates on new initiatives and forecasts, improves cash flow and reduce costs.
- Establishes and monitors goals for key inventory KPIs. (i.e. Store In Stock, Ad and Promo In Stock, DC Service Levels, Inventory Productivity and Forecast Sell Through.) Manages process to determine root cause when KPIs are out of expected normal ranges. Develop and implements corrective measures.
- Maintains working knowledge of end to end supply chain components including forecasting, inventory management, promotional planning, basic department management, master data management, item lifecycle and disposition, seasonal planning, DC operations, store ordering and operations, supplier planning and order fulfillment. Utilizes knowledge to plan and manage based on business needs within categories supported.
- Collaborates with Merchandising leadership on sales and inventory goals, issues and strategies. Includes holding status meetings with cross functional teams to ensure key milestones are reached on time to support sales and inventory goals. Collaborates with Merchandising and Suppliers on plans for new item launches, promotions, item disposition and exit strategies.
- Collaborates with suppliers and Category Managers to optimize display configurations in support of sales, profit and inventory goals.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of experience in Distribution/Supply Operations OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in Distribution/Supply Chain Operations.
- Experience with causal forecasting.
- Experience with collaboration and workflow processes.
- At least 3 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA with concentration in Supply Chain
- Experience with leading and managing complex, multi functional, international projects, working as a management consultant within a professional services firm or an internal consulting group.
- Experience with distribution/supply and store operations.
- Experience with collaboration and workflow tools.
- Advanced business analytics skills
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.