Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Job Responsibilities
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Supply Chain Leader ensuring smooth operation of the supply chain. Problem solver for material supply and order management.
- Provide the conduit between management vision and details of execution.
- Ensure smooth operation of supply to maximize customer experience at the same time meeting company objectives.
- Provide vision and process development for Planning and Inventory including working with other functional leads to assure their requirements are met.
- Work with management to establish the service level expectations needed for the business to be successful, drive supply chain plan to implement.
- Position Demand Planning team as the focal point for customer service/branches to interact with regarding availability issues and plant/purchasing expediting.
- Run monthly S&OP process with the different stakeholders. Generate supporting data/reports for demand, supply and S&OP calls which drive proper business decisions. Lead and actively participate in SI&OP process with Management, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals.
- Work with management to establish inventory rationalization, the recommended inventory levels and supply planning for the area of responsibility.
- Assure inventories are moved within the distribution system as required to maintain balanced stock.
- Manage the planning team to Maintain ERP files for DRP accuracy of products within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Work with manufacturing to establish supply plans.
- Work with Purchasing/Sourcing/L&D to ensure smooth supply of materials.
- Work with Product Management to ensure successful launch of products.
- Expedite operations that delay schedules and alter forecasts to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Develop, maintain and continually improve inventory and service parameters and relevant supply chain master data settings in appropriate ERP systems for all SKUs and product families.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in Supply Chain Planning, operational inventory management, supply chain, or logistics position preferred.
- Ability to proactively communicate and act. System-wide critical thinking required.
- Proven analytical, data management, organization and communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented with proven accuracy.
- Familiarity with operational planning and scheduling.
- Familiarity with demand/planning concepts and software, experience with SAP and Logility softwares a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel.
- APICS certification is strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt Certification.
- Experience in SAP-APO, Logility.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.