Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The device business planning team provides strategic guidance to the device and broader Xfinity Mobile team through actionable business and market insights.
The Device Business Planning Manager will create and deliver a suite of standard and ad-hoc reports across various topics related to the device and accessory business: sales, returns, activations, attach rate etc. These insights should highlight key opportunities and address key challenges to the device business: revenue, operating costs, margins, etc. Deliverables will ultimately support recommendations across various areas of the business like portfolio selection, pricing management, supply chain management, marketing strategy, retail deployment, etc.
- Develop problem-solving frameworks and hypotheses to guide strategic decisions.
- Leveraging analytic, synthesis and communication skills to derive relevant insights.
- Structure and conduct research using reporting tools (i.e., Tableau).
- Design custom analyses using tools like Excel.
- Identify and analyze trends to derive insights and recommendations that inform strategic decisions.
- Synthesize and communicate results to internal stakeholders through oral and written presentations.
- Impact cross-functional teams in decisions related to: supply chain, operations, pricing, marketing, promotions, etc.
- Lead ongoing project management with cross-functional teams.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Bachelor's or master's degree preferred in any discipline with strong academic performance in analytic and quantitative coursework (business, economics, marketing, applied mathematics, statistics or relevant fields).
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience.
- Experience should include management consulting, product management, strategic sales & marketing management, business analytics, business planning and/or strategic development.
- Experience within mobile, wireless and/or consumer electronics spaces (Carriers or OEMs) is a plus but not required
- High motivation, good work ethic, maturity and personal initiative.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Close attention to detail, with a quality-focused mindset.
- Self-discipline for planning and organizing tasks.
- Aptitude for, and enjoyment of, team leadership.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer