Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast’s Strategic Development group assesses, develops, and operates new businesses for Comcast Cable. Mobile is an important initiative for the group-we’re developing new concepts to “mobilize” Comcast’s core Triple Play business, and we’re evaluating potential entries into the wireless ecosystem. These concepts will utilize Comcast’s 22M Internet subscriber relationships, 15M WiFi hotspots, and pioneering X1 Entertainment Operating System to deliver new mobile experiences.
The Manager, Device Portfolio will support the channel rollout and management of new devices as well as helping with the overall competitive strategy for our lineup of Devices, including Smartphones, Tablets and other connected products.With a rare mix of marketing and business analytics skills, this candidate will manage and support several activities including go-to-market and channel rollout of new devices, helping to define value propositions and key differentiators, portfolio planning and device selection, business modeling and forecasting, and translating major industry trends and consumer insights into tangible strategies that will help the organization to achieve its goals.The Manager, Device Portfolio will also help map and track KPIs to support the ongoing lifecycle management of products, providing insights and recommendations for pricing, payment plans, offers and promos to achieve the business goals.
- Assisting go-to-market rollout of new devices across all channels requiring strategic alignment with Marketing & Strategy, Retail and Sales teams.
- Business Modeling & Forecasting, including market sizing, pricing and tracking cost of ownership.
- Set targets, identify gaps and opportunities, and recommend the right set of strategic priorities and specific execution plans to achieve the targets.
- Business performance and competitive intelligence reporting.
- Support Portfolio Strategy and Product Selection activities (handsets, tablets and connected devices).
- Lifecycle Management activities, including tracking sales performance, pricing management, MOL/EOL decisions and recommendations to achieve the business goals.
- Device research including consumer and market trends.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience.
- 7+ years of directly related experience and successful track record for growth required. Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience in management consulting, product management, strategic sales & marketing management, business analytics, business planning and strategy development.
- Experience within mobile, wireless and/or consumer electronics spaces (Carriers or OEMs) is highly desirable.
- Rare mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, and verbal agility that allows you to earn the trust of business and technical teams across the company.
- Excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects on time, in line with budget expectations.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer