At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Manager Digital Business leads and directs the team that manages the ComEd. com website, mobile applications, and all related microsites and portals and social media. This business leader is a proven subject matter expert on business and technical operations in this area, with a strong command of industry best practices, and must focus on keeping ComEd in step with innovations in the digital space.
The Manager Digital Business will:
1) Manage daily maintenance and content updates for ComEd. com and all related websites, collaborating with IT and other departments to drive forward improvements and enhancements for the sites as needed.
2) Manage daily content, organic and paid campaigns, and long-term content calendar planning for ComEds owned social media sites, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr and Tumblr.
3) Perform high-level analysis and prepare comprehensive reports to support business operation. Work with eChannelss Manager to help develop strategic digital direction, identifying opportunities for enhancements that support business and policy goals. Reports directly to the eChannels Manager.
4) Lead, coach and manage a strong, digital-focused work team that is fast, flexible and forward-thinking and works closely with IT and other departments to create websites and applications that best represent the companys brand and capabilities.
5) Conduct complex modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other general financial and operational analysis. ; Monitor and coordinate activities to manage operational performance (e. g. , safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc. ), and make recommendations for improvement and implementing change.
6) Develop and provide training to ensure that all content meets established standards and work with IT to assess any technical challenges. Must be familiar with a variety of eChannels concepts, practices, and procedures and rely on experiences and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
7) Respond to issues and concerns that may impact eChannels and our corporate brand.
8) Support content contributors with eChannels content updates and provide counsel on eChannels-based projects for all business organizations within ComEd and across the EU.
9) Lead enterprise-wide eChannels governance activities.
10) Ensure consistency through compliance with appropriate eChannels guidelines. Work with IT to evaluate and recommend technology and usability improvements as well as analyze and report on metrics of eChannels performance.
11) Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs) and long-term waterfalls. Research and provide statistical financial and operational information.
12) Develop, organize and present performance reports for both internal and external use. ; Develop and drive short-term and long-range business planning. ; Develop, implement, evaluate or lead projects or initiatives (e. g. , business plan or process improvement initiatives). ; Provide expert analytical and operational support to the business unit.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Leads the team that manages the ComEd. com website, mobile applications, and all related microsites and portals or social media and be prepared to act as a subject matter expert concerning business and technical operations over this area. Requires a strong command of industry best practices and ability to keep ComEd in step with innovations in the digital space.
2. Manage the performance of personnel and offer counsel and advice regarding appropriate developmental needs and/or performance improvement opportunities. Lead and coach team members to improve performance and meet or exceed expectations
3. Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of eChannels websites, including content development and updates; consistent branding and design; ongoing web strategy; and measurement and analysis of eChannels performance and usability.
4. Develop and drive short-term and long-range business planning. ; Conduct complex modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis (e. g. , operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, workforce and capacity utilization, competitor, etc. ). Provide statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations.
5. Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operations business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). Provide expert analytical and operational support to the eChannelss business unit.
6. Perform complex analysis of the operations cost elements to ensure effective and efficient operations.
7. Develop, implement, evaluate or lead projects or initiatives (e. g. , business plan or process improvement initiatives).
8. Provide oversight and management of the eChannels Governance Committee(s). Coordinate meetings, track issues, provide guidance on policies, procedures, best practices and technical assistance. Ensure recommendations are presented to the respective Executive Councils and ensure that strategies support business goals and are in compliance with company policy and regulations.
9. Monitor and coordinate activities to manage operational performance (e. g. , safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc. ), make recommendations for improvement and implement change.
10. Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
11. Collaborate with IT on technology and other departments, such as Legal, to implement eChannels strategy and enhancements.
• BA or BS degree in related field and 8 - 10 years related business experience.
• Advanced understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the eChannels space.
• Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (e. g. , Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Adobe Photoshop), specialized business technologies and applications (e. g. , workforce management, project management, PassPort, , CIS, modeling, forecasting, Sharepoint) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs.
• Ability to provide in-depth analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
• Expert analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of complex projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. ; Proficient in business case development and ability to effectively present business cases to business unit leadership.
• Advanced knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. ; Ability to analyze organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team. ; Ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change. ; Demonstrated advanced skills in problem solving, negotiation, ; and conflict management.
• Customer-focused with good oral and written communications skills and basic analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
• MBA or relevant professional certification.
• Proficient in eChannels applications, layout, design and usability
• Proficient in digital and social software, such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Webtrends, etc.
• Broad experience in marketing communications.
• Broad experience in customer services and market research.
• Advanced writing and communications capabilities
QualificationsMust work effectively with direct manager and partner with IT, Marketing, Communications and other departments as needed. The position requires integration of business knowledge and functional priorities to address complex problems and non-standard situations. ; The position regularly mentors less experienced colleagues.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.