Manager, Digital Product Management, Onboarding
Capital One’s Onboarding Team is looking for an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial Product Manager who is passionate about building transformative digital experiences and willing to go above and beyond to help our customers succeed.
As a Product Manager focused on the Onboarding experience, you’ll be leading initiatives and partnering with internal teams to create digital-first experiences that lay the foundation for the way customers interact with Capital One and help them achieve their goals. You'll team with world-class Designers and Engineers, driving new product ideas from concept to launch and having direct impact to the business objectives.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for people. You have to true everything back to the customer ensuring you’re solving a need for them first, then that you’re delivering business value through a technically sound product. You’ll be on point for:
- Leading consumer research and synthesizing it into new product ideas
- Assessing the business opportunity for new product concepts
- Defining, building towards, and launching MVPs
- Establishing product testing plans
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics
- Setting a vision for each new product
- Determining whether an MVP moves on to an enterprise scale rollout
If you have the drive for building amazing customer experiences which are customer backed, data and insights driven, and could impact the lives of millions of people, we want you.
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
What we are looking for:
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning, knowledge of human-centered design, a love of data, and an interest in the industry
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Knowledge of emerging and leading technologies across disciplines and ability to empower developers and deliver great products
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to make compelling business cases
- A fantastic storyteller who is at ease presenting to senior executives.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and stock purchase program (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Industry-leading maternity and paternity leave policies
- A great working environment with a bunch of great people (early Bitcoin pioneers, ex-NASA engineers, and the authors of this job description)
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer-facing digital products
- At least 1 year of experience leading teams
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- 3-5 years of experience applying design thinking and human-centered principles to product development
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.