1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Digital Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we’ve combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Do you want to change the way how we fight with fraudsters on behalf of our customers? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Have you geeked out on the possibilities of real time and laser level accuracy fraud decisioning, which enables all great customer-centric products Consumer Bank offers? Then we want you! As a Manager focusing on Consumer Bank Customer Protection products, you’ll be joining a passionate team of product managers, engineers, and analysts working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank, solve complex problems with data, and revel in making significant impacts in an ever evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Bank you’ll be:
- Empowered. Owning the digital fraud defense products for our bank customers (such as the risk engine and authentication), responsible for setting up and delivering an experience framework on how our customers should be protected
- Learning constantly. Working deeply with fraud experts, technologists and data scientists in building cutting edge solutions to speed up decisioning to real-time with both great customer experience and defense effectiveness.
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new which can better protect our customers and make ourselves a safer and stronger financial institution
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what digital can change the way we protect our customers
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem, and holding on the wrong one. Getting big by starting small
- Motivating others. Creating an open, engaging environment that inspires others to create, connect, and collaborate
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool, or started a company meme that lasted for months.
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You’ve started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Wrangler. You’ve gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
- Vision. You have an ability to see the big picture not only in the product itself, but the overall strategy and how it interacts with other products.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- At least 3 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and/or core product platforms that power those experiences.
- At least 3 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.