Manager, Digital Product Management
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers.
Our Small Business Card New Product Development wants to meet you if you’re excited about thinking of and building new solutions for our Small Business customers. The DPM role will be an active member of our product team where we’re building core financial products and the associated experiences to serve the small business segment. The role offers exposure to the full scale product development process – from customer insight gathering to execution feasibility assessment to build to launch to monitoring (and then starting the cycle all over again as we iterate and continually strive to tailor our offering to the customer needs).
The role will be positioned to lead the daily interaction with sprint teams delivering the code to bring our products and experience to our customers. To do that, you’ll also be part of the core product team, interacting with analysts, designers and customers in order to define the intent we want to bring to life for our customers.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer’s needs.
- You understand how to use tradeoffs between UX patterns, user group served, short and long term development patterns, timing, and money to deliver the highest value.
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into a simple, intuitive experiences that serves our customer’s banking needs
- This position isn’t just about delivering the code; though, it’s a pretty important part. As a Product Manager, you’ll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that Excel doesn’t scare you off.
- A great communicator (and can prove it) both written and in person
- Strong vocabulary in design and technical areas
- You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you’ve ideally worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- Your bias is towards learning in market. You know what you want to learn, and you are bold enough to use failures.
- You don’t mind getting out and traveling to our internal and external customers 20% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams
- Master’s degree in Business or Marketing or Computer Science or Engineering
- 2 years of experience in Banking or Financial Services
- 3-5 years of experience managing a roadmap and applying analytical rigor to support business decisions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.