Manager, Digital Product Mgmt(USA)
At Capital One, we're looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as Product Managers in our Digital Bank product group. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for both our customers and associates. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded banking team. (One day, we'll get them in jeans too.).
Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape.
- Raspberry Pi tastes good with an afternoon coffee.
- You have an aversion to denim.
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you.
- Thinking about your money gives you hives.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving the needs of our customers and associates alike.
- You consume tons of information about the wider digital world; keeping up to date with the latest in areas such as in mobile computing, social networking, and other things we haven't yet dreamed.
- You're going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers - and love it.
- Working with our engineering teams, you need to turn a product vision into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer's and associate's needs.
- This position isn't just about delivering the code; though, it's a pretty important part.
- As a Product Manager, you'll join a team that is accountable for a product's rollout, adoption, and performance. This part will require looking at some data, so you'll want to ensure that Excel doesn't scare you off.
- A great communicator; both written and in person. Strong vocabulary in design and technical areas.
- You need to be able to use data to support your point of view, but we're mostly interested in what the right side of your brain has to say about creative, delightful experiences.
- You don't mind getting out and traveling about 20% of the time.
If those things up there sounds like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let's talk. Send us your information and let's see what you have.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.