Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you! RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and analyze injury data, particularly with regard to fatalities, serious injuries, potential serious injuries, and serious near misses. Identify trends that if addressed would reduce fatalities, serious injuries, and other injuries. Identify actions that would effectively reverse identified trends, and develop strategies for global deployment.
- Effectively communicate recommendations to senior EH&S and other management.
- Track Regional progress toward the completion of annual safety initiatives and FSI-related global corrective actions. Provide status updates periodically or as-needed.
- Serve as the WHQ point person with regard to Otis and UTC efforts to develop and deploy technology-based solutions for mechanic protection, inspection and audit management, training, communication, and related challenges. Support the development of accurate and seamless technology-based data collection and management systems.
- Directly support efforts to improve subcontractor safety including the global deployment of standardized subcontractor assessment tools. Support Otis efforts to standardize the methods and tooling used for new equipment installations, modernizations, and high-risk repairs.
- Manage specified global safety programs including pre-start inspections and in-process management audits, Regional conformance to the Otis audit policy, and critical steps verification.
- Create accurate and effective communications to senior Otis and UTC management on emerging trends, proposed actions, the status of current initiatives, and related information. Support other members of the WHQ EH&S team with data collection and analysis, the development of standard work, and related tasks, as needed.
- Maintain the WHQ EH&S web page.
- Become qualified and participate as an audit team member on WHQ Assurance Reviews, Focused Field Audits, and other audits and inspections. Support the Assurance Review and Focused Field Audit programs, including support of the transition by certain field operations from Assurance Reviews to Focused Field Audits, and review of and coordination of corrective action follow up.
- Manage Otis' use of the UTC EH&S Reporting System (ERS)
- Provide support with regard to User maintenance and the acquisition and divestiture of locations
- Maintain Otis' organizational hierarchy
- Coordinate with other WHQ team members to ensure the accuracy of information concerning ERS-based audit planning and execution
- Coordinate with UTC's ERS team to flow ERS-related UTC information to affected Otis personnel, communicate emerging Otis requirements to UTC, and facilitate the timely and effective implementation of Otis-required system enhancements
- 4+ years of experience in an EH&S related position
- Previous experience in EH&S in a corporate or regional function at a fortune 500 corporation. Experience managing a global EH&S programs preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated understanding of standard EH&S reporting methods and metrics
- Strong leadership, organization and project management skills. Ability to communicate and work with all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding of factory equipment, manufacturing, field safety and EH&S management systems
- Experience in field service or construction or elevator operations desired
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, energize and motivate teams and the ability to influence organizations that do not report to you
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization
- Strong communication skills with a history of influencing multiple levels of the organization and positive interface with customers
- Bachelor's degree in safety, engineering or related field required
- Master's degree in health and safety, engineering or related field and/or MBA preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.