This position develops and implements Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHSS) related programs for the West Operating Unit in support of Coca-Cola Refreshments' (CCR) overall EHSS strategy. This is a multi-site support role working in conjunction with the Market Unit EHS Champions and Plant based Safety, Environmental, & Security (SES) managers to build capability and provide EHSS subject matter expertise and project specific support for manufacturing and distribution facilities within the West OU.
This role reports to West OU EHSS Director, and will partner with other support functions within the OU to implement and manage EHSS programs, trainings, and sustainability efforts. This position will support and drive continuous improvement of key performance metrics through project management and initiatives. This role will coordinate with site leadership team and functional management, including HR, to manage injured workers including supporting returns to work programs.POSITION ACTIVITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce workplace injuries and ensure continued compliance with regulatory and internal policies.
- Implement, evaluate and/or certify effectiveness West OU and company EHSS programs and systems through inspections and audits.
- Provide SME guidance & leadership to assist organizational compliance with EHSS related rules & regulations.
- Help to improve energy/water/recycling efficiency of the entire Operating Unit.
- Identify improvement opportunities and then capture, deploy & share best practices.
- Assist OU facilities in the management of on-going ergonomic, asbestos, ammonia, waste water, stormwater and other compliance programs.
- Work with distribution facilities and OU Fleet to ensure RCRA and DOT compliance.
- Partner with site EHS Champions and SES Managers to establish, conduct or respond to health and safety assessments/analyses in plants or distribution facilities (e.g., medical surveillance, worker exposure, WC assessment, defining drug/alcohol testing protocol) to minimize health and safety risks.
- Conduct risk assessment by identifying and assessing potential magnitude of risk (e.g., environmental, safety, regulatory, production feasibility and quality) and creating contingency plans.
- Coordinate & direct internal recycling programs.
- Gather & analyze EHSS data, develop goals/targets & manage scorecards, databases and dashboards for EHSS related programs & metrics.
- Assist with site gap assessments & corrective action plan development.
- Develop and deploy EHSS awareness and compliance training programs as appropriate to all levels of operations and management.
- Ensure EHSS programs meet all country and local regulatory & licensing requirements and CCR policy requirements.
- Manage environmental site clean-up projects (USTs, superfund sites, etc.)
- Work with CCR Legal concerning permit applications, compliance queries and responses to OSHA, EPA, POTWs & other regulatory bodies.
- Identify & support local community & broader organizational engagement needs.
- Partner with IMCR EHS Manager for any IMCR related activities.
RequirementsREQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or equivalent related discipline.
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant EHSS working experience.
- 80% travel and multi-overnight visits.
PREFERRERD EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of relevant working experience.
- Lean / CI, Six-Sigma, process improvement.
- Technical knowledge and progress towards one or more industry certifications: ISO 14001 and 18001, licensed CSP (BSCP), CIH (ABIH), and/or Registered Environmental Manager.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish - preferred.
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.