Parham Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, is located in the west end of Richmond. Parham Doctors' Hospital is a 200-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs including orthopedics, behavioral health, bariatrics, imaging, rehabilitation services, 24-hour emergency care, sleep disorder, podiatry, primary care, and occupational health. The Parham Doctors' Hospital campus is home to The Orthopedic Hospital, one of the most honored joint and spine programs in the state.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. *Supervises nursing staff and assures staff competency.
2. *Coordinates and maintains communication with medical staff, nursing units, Administration, visitors, patients and their families for emergency services throughout the hospital. Ability to work and function in an interdisciplinary team.
3. *Develops and implements policies and procedures that support the provision of services, achievement of outcomes, and guide regulatory compliance.
4. *Conducts ongoing assessment and improvement of the department's performance. Promotes the quality management through various hospital clinical initiatives by maintaining appropriate quality control programs.
5. Assumes leadership role in developing and executing strategy of new services and programs to support the Emergency Department and Hospital.
6. *Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
7. *Oversees and directs department orientation, in-service training, and continuing education for the department
8. *Fosters an environment of professionalism, collegiality and collaboration and ethical practice.
9. *Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10. *Possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
11. *Demonstrates clinical competence to practice within the Emergency Department's Scope of Care.
Required- Five (5) years current nursing experience; two (2) years of management experience
Preferred- Previous experience in Nursing Director capacity
Required- BSN or currently enrolled in BSN program
Preferred- MSN, MBA, MHA or masters in related field
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom