The Engineering Manager leads the engineering design project efforts for new facilities, working with a small direct report team of engineers but also substantial consultant and vendor resources. The Eng. Manager owns RFP processes in partnership with ESS, Legal and Real Estate.
• Manages a professional team of engineers within relevant engineering department who execute all activities related to engineering
• Manages the daily activities of assigned department, including job assignments, performance reviews, routine budget management, and task management
• Provides work leadership and training to lower level professional and technical staff to ensure policies, practices, and procedures are understood and followed by engineers
• Plans and develops applications or modifications for products, or systems to improve technical performance and communicates engineering needs to the team for execution and delivery
• Oversees the research, development, design, and tests components, equipment, systems, and networks to enhance performance
• Confers with engineers, customers, vendors or others to discuss existing and potential engineering projects or products and opportunities for improvements
• Develops and maintains technology road map, maintaining and communicating all related metrics and scorecard data
• Facilitates and constantly improves the new product development process of the organization
• Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines
• Develops lean methodologies to apply to test requirements for test process optimization (PPM performance, Test time reduction, test coverage improvement etc.)
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Related Field
• 5 Years combined experience in engineering or Supply Chain operations.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit www.lowes.com
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.