Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is a global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) around the world. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it. If you possess that rare combination of vision and passion, joining our team is probably the closest you'll ever get to a dream come true. Get a peek inside life at Panasonic
and learn more about the city
where Panasonic Automotive is headquartered.
PASA is seeking a Manager, Engineering (SMT). This position is responsible for the SMT engineering department. Responsible for the development of plans and setting goals to achieve production goals with quality and efficiency. Performs in depth analysis of manufacturing processes to include acquisition of manufacturing/processes equipment, jigs/fixtures, planning and control in the launching and transferring of new programs.Responsible for the development of engineering staff to be successful in solving engineering/processes and production issues.
- Achieves company target on Surface Mount Technology (SMT) process. Works with all members in machine center area utilizing resources to meet goals for internal and external customers.
- Leads and coordinates the design and implementation of manufacturing processes for building prototype products, pre- production products, transfers, etc.
- Updates and maintains Engineering procedures, documentation, to include: Work Instructions (WI), Process Flow Diagram (PFD), Process Failure Mode, Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Plan to Control process (PC's), etc.), evaluations and engineering change orders (ECO), etc.
- Responsible to maintain Bill of Materials (BOM) structure for accuracy and the elimination of BOM discrepancies.
- Participates and follows up with continues improvement workshops and activities. Reviews production plan with production team to meet customer requirements (Internal/External).
- Initiates, recommends or provides solutions for manufacturing process problems or design related issues in current and new launching products.
- Leads and establishes guidelines for the Design of manufacturing process, PFD, PFMEA, WI, line layout, line balance of each manufacturing line, to achieve the best productivity results possible.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in all manufacturing processes. Controls and evaluates quality concerns for internal and external customers. Implements resolutions with the Machine Center team to address/eliminate issues.
- Continuously communicates with Designers, Program Managers, PASA or any other PAS subsidiaries regarding the launching of new programs to ensure pre-production (PP's) at PASMX runs smoothly and quality/production targets are achieved.
- Reviews plant capacity issues and defines/implements actions as needed to meet current and future demands for all customers.
- Responsible for collaborating with direct reports to create personalized development plans.
- Responsible for the administration of financial and equipment resources.
- Responsible for ISM management as part of the management of staff members, their work and workplace.
- Responsible for the management of information security as part of the normal management of the business. Must cooperate with the Company ISM professionals in implementing the information security policies within the Company, and ensures that information is handled in compliance with the Global ISM related regulations.
- Interprets, enforces and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Computer Systems Engineering or related field.
- Master's Degree in Business administration is a plus.
- Minimum of seven (7) years related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years successful experience at a manager level.
- Excellent proven leadership capabilities required.
- Bilingual English-Spanish language skills required.
- Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.