Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Job Title: Manager 1, Enterprise Tech Servicecs
Location: Draper, UT
Dell EMC is looking for an experience technical support manager to lead a 10-15 person team of first and second level engineers supporting our Networker product line.
Dell EMC's Networker product is a cloud enabled, enterprise level, high performance data protection solution that provides accelerated backup, recovery and data deduplication.
Our Technical Support Engineers interact directly with EMC customers utilizing phone, email, chat and remote diagnostic channels to answer and resolve questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance
Experience with Dell EMC or Enterprise Data Center products is helpful but not required, so if you have direct management experience leading a team of Technical Support Engineers in other product or industries, this could be a great opportunity. The role is located at our Durham, NC offices.
- Ensure that Dell EMC customers are provided the highest level of professional and technical support.
- Manages first and second-level Tech Support Engineers; may also directly manage individual contributor subject matter experts
- Hire, train and lead technical support Engineers
- Leads or acts as a significant contributor to leadership in the development of key initiatives that provide high-level results to improve business processes and customer service delivery
- Assumes lead role on assigned projects and is responsible for determining project approach, decision on operating procedure, analytical approaches and work flow
- Applies broad technical expertise across multiple disciplines coupled with an understanding of business and management principles
- BS Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 1-3 plus years of experience directly managing technical support or customer support team members
- Experience with hiring, coaching, mentoring and performance management/review of technical team members
- Experience with developing and managing to KPI's and SLA's associated with technical and customer support.
- Experience with supporting technology products highly desirable.
- Excellent English written, spoken and presentation communication skills are a must.
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Product Services
Job ID: R22913