Responsible for managing execution of integrated marketing programs for projects that support business/profit objectives, driving demand for Walgreens through unique and competitive positioning. Executing strategic payer marketing plans for different business units, such as HSRx, Specialty, Retail. Collaborates with internal teams, for example, Managed Market Sales & Account Management, B2C marketing, Operations, and Pricing & Contracting. Responsible for project management and budget management of assigned customers or channels.Job Responsibilities
- Assists in development and execution of access strategy and strategic marketing plans to support assigned programs, products, or customer segments to achieve revenue goals, tailoring plan and resources to reflect customer insights and target identified partnership opportunities.
- Builds Collaborative internal partnerships to develop and execute marketing plans, and manage projects to completion.
- Creates unique and differentiated value propositions and messaging tailored to customer and channel segments, such as Pharmacy and Medical Directors and C-suite executives (Chief Executive Office, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Financial Officer).
- Manages and collaborates with external agencies/vendors to identify opportunities/needs, hone marketing strategy, and develop new marketing resources (eg, presentations, sell sheets, training materials) to enable achievement of additional contracts.
- Assists in developing strategic planning and project management of customer advisory boards and customer market research, including establishment of research objectives, identification of target audience, and development of discussion guides and/or meeting materials.
- Works with external vendors and third parties to develop and maintain positive relationships. Builds and enhances internal and external partnerships.
- Assists in developing metrics and measurement plans to analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics on sales, retention, and satisfaction.
- Assists in defining marketplace and customer research needs, priorities and scope; analyzes results and determines actionable takeaways; and make recommendations to business partners to enhance product/service offerings and/or enhance the customer experience.
- Develops partnerships with key external associations and serves as Walgreens primary contact for development of joint marketing programs.
- Synthesizes and analyzes customer insights toward strategic recommendations as required.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
#LI-MM2 Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of marketing or advertising experience; OR High School or GED and at least 5 years of marketing or advertising experience.
- Experience in developing and executing marketing/tactical /communication plans, including creation of differentiated value propositions and messaging tailored to different customer and channel segments that meet department and company goals within established timelines and budget.
- Experience presenting and reporting on project/tactical plans to appropriate stakeholders, such as marketing leaders, business unit partners, and senior management.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience managing vendors, including time and events schedule management, client services/account management, and resolving service issues and reconciling differences.
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects/programs including development of project outlines, resource allocation, milestone setting, and identification of and tracking of deliverables.
- Experience in training partners on optimal execution of marketing resources and via development of training materials and/or instruction guides.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 1 year of experience of cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree or other advanced degree/certification/licensure.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Demonstrated understanding of payer/hospital/health system trends and dynamics, such as economic / budgetary pressures, evolving regulations, and governmental debate or policies impacting a customer segment.
- Experience working with payers/hospitals/health systems in a sales, marketing, project management, or account management function.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.