As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.DescriptionThe Manager of Corporate Information Security (CIS) position exists to work closely with organizational leadership to understand business requirements to ensure identification of information related threats and vulnerabilities and alignment, implementation, and maintenance of controls according to risk profiles. This position will be responsible for ensuring appropriate protections are built into our infrastructure, products, systems, processes, and services. The Manager of CIS will be responsible for developing and implementing strategy, vision and managing information security risk to acceptable levels. This position will facilitate security related interactions with business partners, OEMs, and service partners. Integration with the security community internal to T-Mobile and external with partners such as government, industry, and security organizations is necessary. The Manager of CIS will demonstrate strong critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills, and effectively manage the time and effort of all individual contributors, projects, and associated initiatives. A strong understanding of security technologies, architecture, and best practices will be critical to the success of this role. The Information Security manager serves as the process owner for all ongoing activities that serve to provide appropriate access to and protect the confidentiality and integrity of customer, employee, and business information in compliance with organization policies and standards.QualificationsMinimum Required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant info security technology or related field.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Strong communication, literacy, and comprehension.
- Working knowledge of security policy, compliance and control environment related to information security.
- Experience managing a team of 4 or more.
Demonstrable experience with leadership role on at least one large project implementation. Demonstrated
- Three or more years' experience in a technical management position
License or CertificationCISM, CISSP, CISA preferredEnterprise Core CompetenciesRequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Essential Functions
- Bachelors Degree. Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Certifications in Information Security and Information Management, CISM, CISSP, CISA
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks
- Manage analysts, senior analysts, and CIS individual contributors to promote successful performance and career growth in alignment with department and enterprise objectives
- Demonstrated ability to provide security consultation on designs and/or implementation of security controls ensuring adherence to T-Mobile security standards and/or best practices.
- Develop, execute and enforce appropriate protective measures to include policy, process, risks and overall Cyber Security awareness.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills necessary to engage with diverse cross functional groups and present effectively to small and large groups.
Manage security projects driven by groups both internal and external to Corporate Information Security. Ensure the identification, analysis, management, and timely communication of information related threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Develop strategy, roadmap, and requirements for enterprise information protection to align with technology, product, and overall business strategy.
- Perform various personnel actions ranging from interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and developing employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.