Manager, Enterprise Risk and Data Management
As a Manager in Capital One’s Enterprise Data Management team, which is within Capital One’s Risk Management organization, you will apply your analytical, data management, and process management skills to support development and adoption of the Data Management Strategy. You will collaborate with your EDM team and partner with stakeholders across the enterprise on initiatives to help drive transformation and change necessary to achieve the Data Management strategic objectives and reduce our data risk across the organization.
Risk Managers in Enterprise Data Management are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organization, problem-solving and communication skills. These individuals have the opportunity to work with and implement innovative solutions/processes to identify and mitigate potential data risks to the Company.
· Identify opportunities and work with business stakeholders and partners to embed data management practices into our daily operations and business processes across the organization
· Use analytical skills to conduct Risk Process Assessment and Improvement, Data Process Design & Process Excellence
· Perform gap assessments and create recommendations to ensure progress towards organizational adoption of data management transformation
· Collaborate within EDM and with our Partners on areas of metadata management, data quality management and data stewardship functions
· Work with partners to improve adoption and user experience of data management tools in emerging platforms of Cloud and on-prem Hadoop
· Perform 2nd line of defense assessment of risk and compliance with data management practices and processes
· Bachelor’s Degree OR military experience
· At least 5 years of experience in Data Management Practices and Processes
· At least 3 years of experience in Project Management
· Master’s degree in Business Management OR Master’s degree in Finance OR Master’s degree in Accounting OR Master’s degree in Economics OR Master’s degree in Mathematics
· 7+ years of experience in Data Management Practices and Processes
· Six Sigma certification OR Lean certification OR Agile Coach certification
· 5+ years of experience in banking, financial services, OR risk management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new candidate for employment authorization for this position.