Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Manager - External Manufacturing MAKE, Vogue, located in Clearwater, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group of Companies develops and markets consumer healthcare, baby care, and beauty/skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID® Brand, LISTERINE®, leading skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, CLEAN & CLEAR®, LUBRIDERM® and healthcare products such as NEOSPORIN®, CORTAID®, REMBRANDT® and REACH®.
Manager – EM MAKE, Vogue will:
• Be the J&J manufacturing operational leader managing 1-2 external manufacturing sites
• Be responsible for developing plans and implementing actions to ensure site performance is aligned with expectations and production outcomes meet demand.
• Develop in depth manufacturing processes understanding to enable rapid remediation of potential manufacturing weaknesses, and develop plans and implement actions to reduce lead-times, manage inventory levels, conduct on-going capacity analysis, coordinate efficient implementation of product/process changes (including NPI projects), instruct contract site personnel on the Company’s vision and World Class manufacturing applications, coordinate EH&S assessments, as well as J&J Worldwide standards on labor.
• Continuously improve productivity and reliability, ensure business continuity, propose alternatives as a means to insure continued supply in an emergency situation, contribute in resolving quality/GMP issues.
• Be responsible for achieving specific performance targets, on-time new product launches, cost targets, and GMP conformance while managing all aspects of manufacturing operations within the assigned sites, including product supply issues, capacity/planning, capabilities assessment, inventory control, quality services, and engineering.
• Be the counterpart of the EM site leader and will ensure there is a good alignment between J&J expectations and EM sites performance.
• Coordinate with several functions including the contract manufacturing site, engineering, technical transfer/product development, planning, purchasing, strategic sourcing, quality assurance, marketing, project management, regulatory, and others.
• Work across multiple functions, identifying risks and challenges, and clearly communicate those risks back to management and key stakeholders.
• Address all deficiencies, identify opportunities and lead efforts to consolidate sites to gain volume leverage and reduce complexity and resolve issues.
• Leading a cross functional teams to resolve product supply issues and drive results, facilitate execution of supply agreements identifying issues inside and between J&J and EM sites and drive solutions. He / She will support and ensure contractors’ achievement of monthly plan attainment goals, identify and deliver Cost Improvement Projects (CIPs) to lower total product cost, identify and obtain resources to solve issues and develop manufacturing strategies to improve site performance and product supply, coordinate new product launches at contract sites, and ensure customer commitments for product availability are met.
• Develop or contribute in development of a project timeline, and host recurring meetings to track progress in achieving project milestones. Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• A minimum of six (6) years related experience in related areas OR an MBA with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in related areas is required.
• Related areas include Contract Manufacturing, Supply Chain/Operations, Manufacturing, Procurement, Supply Chain Sourcing, Project Management, Technical Transfer, Product Development, R&D, and/or Supply Planning.
• Experience working in Consumer Goods, Pharmaceutical, and/or Medical Device industries is highly preferred.
• Prior knowledge of Advanced planning systems such as ERP, MRP, and SAP is a plus.
• Prior experience in project management or product development is desired.
• Experience working in Manufacturing Operations is required; specifically in a GMP environment-supervising people in a plant would be preferred.
• Strong project management skills and knowledge of GMPs is preferred.
• An entrepreneurial self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills, comfortable communicating across functional levels is required.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
• This position is located in Clearwater, FL and may require up to 40% local domestic travel. This position will also be transferred to Skillman, NJ after 2-3 years’ time.Primary Location
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function