The Manager, Regional Sales (Federal) should have existing relationships with decision-makers and knowledge of operations at mid-size to governmental organizations in the target geography. This individual will be responsible for managing direct sales force providing comprehensive energy solutions to customers by addressing their needs relating to primarily energy efficiency but supporting cross functional sales to electric, natural gas, renewable power, load response and other blended solutions. The successful candidate will also possess demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Ability to identify, prospect and contact decision makers at all levels in government organizations and to cultivate stakeholder relationships
- Develop and manage a federal sales energy efficiency pipeline.
- Evaluate customer needs and align them with available Constellation energy solutions. Ability to understand and translate market rules for all solutions that are offered to customers. Able to identify which programs and solutions are optimal for the customer, while meeting gross margin contribution objectives.
- Create plans and strategies to develop prospects, educate customer on load response and the market rules, understand and analyze prospect operations, prepare and deliver presentations, negotiate and close load appropriate energy deals.
- Understand customer's energy objectives, price risk tolerances and develop optimum and sustainable energy solutions to match customer's needs
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to speak in front of groups and C-Level executives and senior decision- makers
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business (Marketing or Finance) or Engineering.
• Prior experience in energy / electricity markets with emphasis in marketing and/or sales.
• At least 10 years prior sales experience required.
• Ability to formulate and execute marketing and sales programs.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Experience and contacts in the respective marketplace.
• Outstanding communication skills and adept at speaking to large groups.
• The position requires a self-motivated individual willing to take on a broad range of responsibilities and make decisions in a manner consistent with Constellation NewEnergy values.
• All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English
• Excellent problem solving skills
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.