At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Financial Analyst has the lead day-to-day responsibility for managing and controlling O&M and capital costs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide financial analysis and reporting for management on major capital and O&M cost drivers. Work with BU personnel to control and manage costs
- Lead each monthly financial closing (pre and post close work), providing all required reporting to corporate center and site management.
- Develop the long-range financial plan and budget for the station(s)/Corporate functions, as well as for individual departments.
- Review and process Capital and other Project Request proposals. Monitor and report on Project spend.
- Perform cost reporting - planning & tracking
- Perform periodic Ad-hoc reporting and analyses
- 4-year degree in a business related field and 8 to 10 years of experience. Demonstrated success in finance or business operations.
- Effective financial analysis skills combined with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional Certification or Recognition
- Exposure to accounting principles, financial metrics, and financial statement relationships.
- Working knowledge of Business Operations and Industry practices.
- Thorough computer-base analytical skills (Microsoft Office)
- Expertise in Peoplesoft and financial systems
- Supervisory experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster