Activision is looking for a highly motivated and financially minded individual to work on the Call of Duty franchise. This position is responsible for providing financial support and leadership for the Call of Duty Business Unit.
This role is the co-pilot in outlining the strategic vision for the franchise and helping to make key operational decisions. This position is an integration point for teams across the business, and thus needs to form partnerships with key leaders in Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Sales (Retail and Digital), Product Development, and Corporate Finance. Additionally, the job scope includes, but is not limited to, reporting, planning, and forecasting, affording regular exposure to Activision Publishing's CEO and CFO. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Principal Working Relationships:
- Financial models / scenario analysis for key operating decisions (35%)
- New business models
- Online engagement and digital monetization
- Supply chain
- First party / other partnerships
- Ad hoc analysis
- Long Range Franchise Plans (20%)
- Semi-annual presentation of outlook for the business
- Partner with product marketing team to influence long-term strategic growth initiatives, cost savings, efficiencies, and P&L optimization
- Provide ongoing Greenlight financials for future title P&L's; influencing key investment decisions and ROI analysis
- Quarterly Forecast / Weekly Pacing (25%)
- Support the coordination of forecast inputs from all functions (sales, marketing, etc.)
- Preparation of various analyses that drive business insight and frame financial risks and opportunities
- Provide insights highlighting variance analysis and key performance indicators
- Prepare Quarter close results and variance analysis for CFO
- Annual Operating Plan (20%)
- Set financial targets for Call of Duty's annual operating plan and work with parties across the business and the regions to plan for performance and expenditures in the year ahead, across the entire P&L
- Create and present executive review materials that consolidate and communicate Franchise financial strategy
- Director Finance & Operations
- VP Finance & Operations
- SVP, Product Management
- Bachelor degree; MBA preferred
- 5 years of experience in operational finance or similar role
- Strong leadership; ability to partner with and influence various functional leaders across an organization
- Project management and ability to engage in several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to communicate complex concepts at a high level to executive leadership
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Consulting / strategy experience a plus
- Previous sales planning / sales finance experience a plus
- Proficient in Excel
- Hyperion and Oracle experience preferred
- Mobile or PC gaming experience a plus
- Call of Duty gaming experience a plus
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher.
The company's product portfolio includes Activision Publishing's Call of Duty®, Skylanders® and Destiny® franchises, as well as Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Warcraft®, StarCraft®, Overwatch®, and Diablo® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the parent company of Activision Publishing, Inc. and Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.