In this position, the Manager of Finance will provide total financial leadership, direction, and analysis to the IT management team. The leader of Finance will work directly with IT Leadership to refine and communicate IT’s strategy, drive the strategic planning process, and provide decision support analysis to accurately value and articulate the financial impact of key strategic investment decisions.
- Financial management and strategic leadership - driving functional metrics, preparing executive presentations, and working closely with finance and business leadership in order to drive the Interconnected Retail strategy
- Special projects - analyzing existing internal financial and operational processes; leading process improvement projects and partnering cross-functionally to drive efficiencies
- Decision support analysis - modeling financial impact of technology investment decisions accurately
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Strategic Analysis/Problem Solving - Works to fully understand business; identify and implement process and organizational improvements. Plans and ensures execution of department objectives. Participates in preparation of the annual budget, reviews monthly expenditures and ensures that budgetary goals are met. Reviews monthly metrics to ensure goals are met.
- Conduct financial planning for function and make appropriate recommendations.
- Leads, plans, and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform any financial function and activity; utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consist with established policies.
- Drive key functional financial metrics.
- Project Management- Develops and supports a strategic alliance with business partners. Participates in cross-functional activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage. Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of the business including but not limited to Finance, Human Resources, Real Estate, Operations, and Information Systems.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to a Director level
- This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Preferred MBA and/or CPA or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Economics or equivalent.
- Aptitude and inclination to partner with business units across the organization and manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Ability to influence at all levels in the organization.
- Experience interacting with senior management; superior presentation and communication skills.
- Strong strategic thinking ability.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of business and mgmt. Principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
- Judgment and decision-making skills; considering relative costs, benefits of potential actions.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!