Job Location: United States : New York : NY Alternate Job Location : United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater
This position is within the Latin America Finance Group. The position is responsible for managing the consolidation, analysis and distribution of detailed reports on financial and non-financial metrics used for Diversified Business Review (DBR) dashboard, Statutory projections, GAAP and Statutory stress tests.
The position will report to a Vice-President in the Latin America Regional CFO Group and will include regular interaction with financial associates in our foreign operations; as well as with associates from other departments in Finance and regions. The position will supervise one associate.
- Overseeing the production and distribution of financial analysis reports, in particular the DBR, for Latin America regional and Financial Management, and partners in Corporate Finance.
- Provide support throughout the projection and planning cycles.
- Review of DBR submissions by country finance associates, assist in-country finance associates in updating HP data
- Consolidate and report quarterly DBR financial information with variance and other comparative measures.
- Consolidation of quarterly GAAP stress tests, and maintenance of the consolidation spreadsheets.
- Application of GAAP stress scenarios to smaller operations
- Application of STAT stress scenarios
- Preparation of analysis for GAAP and Statutory stress tests
- Develop enhancements to the statutory projection process to align with corporate requirements, including development of repeatable reporting processes.
- Participate in special projects as well as ad hoc reporting.
- B.S in Accounting/Finance is highly desired
- 5 years of experience in a financial reporting or planning/analysis function, within the Insurance industry.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
Financial Management - Latin American Region
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.