Blizzard Entertainment games don't just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers-and we support our games for years after they're in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to serve as a financial business partner for corporate and global finance. The position is responsible for driving key finance processes within the organization including, but not limited to financial forecasting, budgeting, and project accounting. In addition, this position will help key business stakeholders to provide strategic financial consultations on optimizing and supporting the various business initiatives.
This role will lead and execute financial planning processes and initiatives at both a regional and global level, and will require the candidate to build partnerships with key stakeholders throughout the company to execute and deliver financial results to management.
The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated leader with a proven track record of proactively identifying process efficiencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.Responsibilities
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc forecasting worldwide, establishing and communicating process deliverables, and driving global execution.
- Proactively identify and implement process efficiencies to improve productivity and quality of forecasts and understand ROI in capital spending and new projects.
- Track the financial progress of various company initiatives through financial databases, invoice logs, etc., which can then be used by managers to aid project management.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Drive global standardization in project/cost tracking.
- Prepare presentations, in-depth analysis and reporting to support the senior management team
- Make recommendations regarding efficiency, cost savings, and productivity through working knowledge of system operations.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial and operating reports including but not limited to monthly operating statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, and budget data.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or relevant field of study.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant professional experience, ideally at a public company.
- Experience partnering with senior business leaders in the finance space.
- Previous experience in leading annual budget processes, quarterly forecasts, and long-range plans.
- Strong financial analysis and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to work with other members of the finance team and across the organization.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Solid knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Able to work independently, with limited direction and limited ability to delegate.
- Experience with Hyperion and Tableau
- Experience in video game, software, or entertainment industries
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment products and MMORPGs
- Prior experience in marketing analytics
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Only applicants with all three will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us! **Applicants must submit a cover letter and a resume for consideration.**