The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis position is a critical and highly visible role at Activision Publishing.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations, this role will work to analyze report and support the performance of the Company and specifically demonstrate a strong aptitude to financial/scenario modelling. Problem solving, prioritizing, timely responses and attention to detail must be second nature. The candidate must thrive in a rapidly evolving environment and be adept to driving to meaningful results.
The core functions of the role will include supporting the Quarter Close, Quarterly Forecast and Guidance, Weekly Pacing, Annual Operating Plan, and Multi-Year Plan. This includes preparing and presenting variance analyses which help articulate business insight and frame financial opportunities and risks across the different business units.
- Quarterly Forecast (25%)
- Support the coordination of forecast inputs from all functions and business units
- Preparation of various analyses that drive business insight and frame financial risks and opportunities
- Variance analysis
- Weekly Pacing, Quarter Landing & Close (20%)
- Present summary of results and variance analysis to CFO
- Annual Operating Plan (25%)
- Work with parties across the business and the regions to plan for performance and expenditures in the year ahead, across the entire P&L
- Create and present executive review materials that consolidate and communicate financial strategy
- Multi-Year Plans (10%)
- Semi-annual presentation of outlook for the business
- Partner with teams to influence long-term cost savings, efficiencies, and P&L optimization
- Financial models / scenario analysis for key operating decisions (10%)
- Ad hoc analysis (10%)
Principal Working Relationships:
- Director, Finance & Operations
- VP, Finance & Operations
- VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Proactively lead and influence key AB forecast processes including annual operating plan, quarterly reforecast, quarterly pacing and 3YP which includes heavy excel modeling, presentation work, thought-partnership and in-depth scenario analysis for the CFO and other key AB executives
- Support the investor relations team with Street Guidance Reports and other supporting financial documentation for Investment Analysts (e.g., earnings calls, Analyst Day presentations, etc.)
- Ability to apply strong business judgment through analysis of plans and proactively manage risk
- Maintain strong relationships across business units and functions, i.e. Treasury, IR, Accounting to ensure visibility throughout forecast processes, proper preparation and analysis
- Own development of cash flow forecasting process and drive the evolution of modeling and process integration with existing forecast processes
- Develop a high level financial and strategic understanding of all areas of the AP business, BU operations, cost centers, key KPIs, balance sheet, cash flow, etc.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (Post MBA candidates are encouraged to apply)
- Prior Experience: Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Investment Banking, operational finance, or similar role
- General Business Skills:
- Strong technical and modeling skills; extensive experience with Excel required; Experience with Oracle and Hyperion a plus
- Strong project and time management skills required, i.e. should be comfortable working on several projects concurrently, have the flexibility to prioritize based on business need and be comfortable with change
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills, depth of analysis, ability to easily contextualize hypothetical business situations required
- Ability to lead process and influence key stakeholders and decision makers
- Knowledge of and passion for gaming, entertainment, media, and technology and willingness and ability to get up to speed on business and strategic issues
Great Games Start with Great People!
This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the largest and most profitable independent western interactive entertainment publishing company. It develops and publishes some of the most successful and beloved entertainment franchises in any medium, including Call of Duty®, Destiny®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo®.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, it maintains operations throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. Activision Blizzard develops and publishes games on all leading interactive platforms and its games are available in most countries around the world. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products can be found on the company's website, http://www.activisionblizzard.com/.
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.