Prudential Financial, one of America’s largest diversified financial Services Companies, seeks a skilled and highly motivated individual to become a member of our Group Insurance Controllership team based in Roseland, NJ.
You will coordinate all Accounting research, Sarbanes Oxley and MAR requirements for Group Insurance. This area is highly visible and involves partnering with various areas in Group Insurance (Actuarial and Operations) and several corporate areas (Accounting Policy, Controllers, Tax and SEC Reporting Unit). This area also provides significant support to external and internal auditors for quarterly reviews and audits.
You will be offered an excellent opportunity to utilize your leadership skills and provide the opportunity to implement process improvements. You will also play an active role in partnering with the Business to evaluate strategic initiatives.
Primary job responsibilities include:
Accounting Policy Advisory:
- Lead the assessment of accounting and implication of proposed transactions
- Provide support on appropriate application of US GAAP to finance and business partners
- Conduct research and document conclusion on specific accounting matters that arise within the Group Insurance Business
- Liaise with Corporate Accounting policy and PwC to ensure appropriate accounting for products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of ASC 944 (Insurance Accounting) and ASC 320 (Investment Accounting)
- Assist as necessary with various ad-hoc initiatives for Senior Management
- Develop internal training materials for the business and the staff
- Coordination of all quarterly close controls requirements for Group Insurance
- Partner with FACT, Risk Management and Internal Audit to ensure that the SOX program is operating effectively
- Coordination of Annual Sarbanes Oxley and MAR finance walkthrough reviews for Finance
- Manage the financial issues list for the Controllers Organization
- Support our Group insurance business partners through issue documentation and resolution
The ideal candidate should demonstrate knowledge strong accounting and controls skills.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.