Corporate Controllers – Enterprise Valuation Group
This position resides in the Enterprise Valuation Group (EVG) within the Corporate Controllers Group. EVG is responsible for conducting valuation oversight for Prudential investments, and the group also coordinates the compilation and production of the quarterly fair value footnote for Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI) and its subsidiaries.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and/or review consolidated fair value footnote for inclusion in Forms 10-Q and 10-K filings and other subsidiaries;
- Prepare and/or review supporting schedules and analyze period over period variances;
- Partner with various business groups, SEC Reporting, SOX and Accounting Policy on accounting and reporting issues;
- Assist business /reporting teams in understanding fair value guidance and provide guidance regarding the production and submission of quarterly fair value information;
- Review performance metrics and product valuation attribution reports for management;
- Manage completion of XBRL filings for Forms 10-Q/K filings;
- Work with external and internal auditors on quarterly and annual audit work;
- Lead and develop staff member;
- Assist in special projects involving enterprise initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- GAAP accounting knowledge
- Basic understanding of financial products preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience in financial reporting and accounting type functions
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Understanding of Oracle/PFAP/supplemental a very strong plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects/deliverables under tight time constraints
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word expected
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.