Provide subject matter expertise in food safety and U.S. regulatory framework to Coca-Cola North America. Design and assist with the implementation of strategies necessary to ensure the safety of CCNA ingredients and portfolio, and support growth and innovation. Represent the company on external trade and scientific associations to develop and implement robust advocacy strategies on key food safety and regulatory topics. Build/maintain external networks (e.g., regulators, trade and scientific associations) to support the food safety and regulatory advocacy strategy.
- Support VP SRA in the creation and execution of scientific and regulatory strategies to address food safety and regulatory challenges, and to mitigate emerging threats.
- Provide subject matter expertise to CCNA to enable solutions to food safety and regulatory issues. Act as a safety scientific steward and consultant by preparing responses to targeted questions from the field, other functions, business units, bottlers and customers. This includes acting as a resource for general information and gradually becoming a consultant, mentor and trainer for other technical personnel in TCCS.
- Partner with cross-functional business teams to provide subject matter expertise, conduct ingredient safety reviews, and provide guidance to enable regulatory approvals to support innovation and provide stewardship and governance.
- In collaboration with global SRA colleagues, monitor and review regulatory development, identify/mitigate potential SRA risks and leverage opportunities related to TCCS ingredients and recommend changes in Company strategies and policies in response to new safety and regulatory questions.
- Represent the Company's interests in selected external organizations related to ingredients safety to influence outcomes and advance our scientific and regulatory strategies.
- Participate in SRA related Incident Management Crisis Resolution
- Regulatory Landscape : Knowledge of the U.S. regulatory and political landscape (e.g., regulations, issues) affecting food and beverages. It also includes the ability to manage complex regulatory issues affecting products, ingredients, packages or claims.
- Advanced Food Safety/Toxicology : In-depth understanding of the nature, properties, effects, and detection of toxic substances in food, and their disease manifestation particularly chemicals of food interest such as food additives and pesticides, and how they are tested and regulated.
- Nutrition Science : Basic understanding of nutrition science including how dietary patterns influence health and well-being, biological mechanisms through which nutrients affect metabolism, dietary patterns, activity levels and related medical conditions particularly obesity and NCDs.
- Regulatory Affairs : Ability to interact with government officials to represent the Company or beverage industry while explaining complex scientific data, reports or issues. This includes the ability to anticipate issues or concerns of interest to public health officials in order to respond to those concerns and the ability to advocate a position in a non-adversarial manner (e.g., during dispute resolution).
• Building Value Based Relationships : Ability to generate alliances internally and externally by continuously identifying and acting on those things that will create success for the Company and its customers, bottlers, suppliers, communities and governments.
- Customer Focus : Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer. Negotiation: Ability to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance. Desire to strive for win-win outcomes.
- Problem Analysis and Resolution : Ability to form an opinion or make a decision through careful testing of assumptions and facts; willingness to take action consistent with available facts, constraints and probably consequences.
- Process Improvement : Ability to analyze existing processes and identify more efficient ways to accomplish goals and meet customer and client requirements; ability to continuously improve processes through regular assessment and adjustment.
Master's degree Experience
- 5+ years of experience in food industry, government or related industry in similar roles.
- Excellent written and verbal English is required. Fluency in the technical vocabulary of one or more other languages is a plus.
- Advanced degree, strong preference for Ph.D. in food toxicology, natural products, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in a government or food industry role with direct responsibility for food safety.
- Experience with food regulations and/or safety studies needed for regulatory approval of ingredients.
- Strong food safety regulatory network, especially at the federal level.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.