Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a member of Johnson
& Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Forecasting – Solid
(Prostate Franchise) Oncology to be based in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson
& Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives.
We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and
complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science,
wherever it might be found. The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of
Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in
several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live
healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription
medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market -
from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the
Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients
inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Manager, Forecasting – Prostate Franchise Oncology is
responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics
into growth opportunities that shape decisions and drive organizational action
for the Prostate Franchise Oncology Franchise.
This position will partner closely with brand
teams, cross functional partners, and with our co-promotional/developmental
partner to serve as an internal consultant to the Sales & Marketing
team. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling
business partners in forecasting, as well as providing tracking and insights
around national performance (product, channel, NBRx, etc.) and as a result,
shares accountability for business results.
Manager, Forecasting – Prostate Franchise Oncology will:
- Lead development and implementation of forecast models
& tracking; proactively identify new data sources that will enhance
decision making & increase forecast accuracy. Implement forecast modeling
approaches; work with supplier partners, foster strong partnerships in the
context of resources, timing and overall franchise goals.
- Integrate forecasting efforts & insights with primary
research, intelligence, & analytics insights developed by peers across the
Commercial Insights & Strategy team and translate these into business
impact. Integrate all information (custom, syndicated, forecasted and modeled)
into forecasts and assessments of organizational strategies & actions with
the potential to drive tangible growth in revenue or profit. Provide strategic
input to strategic and business plans, sales & brand strategies and new
product launch plans / life cycle management for brands.
- Provide tracking and insights of national performance,
including performance metric versus forecast. Incorporate channel,
source of business, NBRx and other leading indicators of demand performance to
help the business understand the drivers of performance.
- Ensure timely tracking of forecast accuracy and key
assumptions across key data sources – prescription, patient, call activity and
managed care to evaluate risk & opportunities. In partnership with
integrated analytics colleagues, identify and develop key metrics to measure
and monitor performance.
- Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative
listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis,
translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- Consistently focus on key business issues for the franchise.
The ability to demonstrate leadership courage in order to set boundaries and
ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects is
critical. Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical
industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business
- Act with speed, agility and
accountability. Cultivate meaningful internal and external
partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization; being insight
driven to uncover important unmet needs.
- Take personal accountability for making Credo-based
decisions and fostering a Credo-based culture.
- BA/BS required
- Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience
- Experience in forecasting and business planning is
- Business analytics, finance, or strategic planning
experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in business intelligence, marketing,
and/or sales is preferred.
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated
learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets
such as primary care/retail or specialty markets.
- Oncology experience preferred.
- Business/market experience to influence franchise/brand
level decisions and strategies are required.
- General management mindset, business acumen, strategic
thinking skills are required.
- Proven analytical skills and learning agility are
- Experience in developing comprehensive and impactful
recommendations and solutions that drive key decisions are required.
- Proficiency in modeling and reporting tools,
specifically, Excel is required.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint is required.
- Knowledge of IMS data is preferred.
- This position is based in Horsham, PA and requires up to
10% domestic travel.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.