Manager, FP&A - Marketing Solutions
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. We are looking for an FP&A Manager who will be directly involved in managing key business and product metrics to drive appropriate forecast assumptions (bookings, revenue, and product monetization). You will partner with cross-functional teams and be the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) point person that provides strategic analyses and recommendations to key stakeholders. You will also be responsible for maintaining and communicating relevant performance metrics, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting outlook models to reflect operational changes. You will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts, and weekly/monthly outlooks). You will be responsible for managing revenue and cost drivers while ensuring accuracy and consistency with global FP&A. Strict attention to detail and an ability to set and meet tight deadlines will be important for your success.
- Key business partner to Product leads to provide strategic financial insights and recommendations
- Complex financial modeling development / improvement / maintenance
- Monitor key financial metrics and business drivers; analyze budget/forecast variances to actual and review with management team
- Provide ongoing communication and collaboration with departmental staff and management.
- Lead the weekly, monthly and quarterly management reporting
- Work with cross-functional partners to lead ad hoc analyses to address the business' needs
- Establish processes to ensure accurate and timely completion of financial planning consolidations
- Lead the development and implementation of tools, systems and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts
- Ideation, development and implementation of tools, systems and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts
- BA/BS degree in business or related field required, MBA a plus
- 6+ years of financial analysis experience in a high-tech, high growth environment or management consulting/investment banking
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A, investment banking or consulting environment; experience with modeling bookings, revenue, costs and expenses
- Proven ability to lead and execute projects independently
- Experience with online advertising and SaaS business models
- Excellent leadership, communication, analytical, teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership and managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Adaptable and able to react quickly to changing business needs
- Understanding of accounting theory and practice (e.g. basic revenue recognition rules, company capitalization policies and proper expense timing)
- Strong systems skills with preference toward Hyperion Essbase/Smartview, SQL, Oracle Financials, Dodeca, Salesforce
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills