This is a critical role with high visibility within the Discover Card Fraud Strategy Management team. Responsibilities include analyzing large amounts of digital device and customer data to develop and improve processes, models, and rules to manage fraud losses while balancing card members online banking experience.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and implementation of best-in-class fraud detection analytics that leverages device risk and card member data for account center logins
- Work closely with Authentication solutions, Business Technology and Infrastructure teams to prioritize and mobilize projects that will enhance Online banking experience for Discover Card members
- Manage vendor tools and relationships related to device risk profiling and authentication
- Develop customer level as well as device level decision frameworks to support business strategies working closely with a broad range of business partners.
- Identify and explore new approaches and data sources to support improvements to existing and new programs.
- Develop/run effective strategy performance tracking ensuring that strategies are performing as expected and feedback learnings into strategy and / or policy changes in a timely manner.
- Establish and build strong effective working relationships with a wide range of business partners
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes. SKILLS
- Candidate will be expected to have a strong analytical background and a proven track record of utilizing big data, advanced analytics and machine learning techniques in solving business problems.
- Fraud prevention strategy experience would be a plus.
- Experience with device profiling data and techniques would be a plus
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in analytics/strategy roles preferably in financial services industry Results orientation with energy, drive, commitment, and resilience to excel in a collaborative and open business environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Evidence of successfully leading, inspiring and empowering cross-functional projects/teams.
- Extensive SAS, SQL, R, Python programming skills, preferably in multiple environments.
- Proficient in use of MS Office
- M.S. / Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field
Skills RequiredMasters degree in a quantitative field or relevant experience Candidate must have 3+ years of relevant industry experience, especially credit/charge/debit card fraud detection. Work experience in the payments industry or other types of financial institutions 2+ years experience using SAS, SQL, Teradata, Python, R and advanced Excel Ability to build, test, and validate hypotheses that support strategic plans Strong presentation and communication skills - will interact with and present to various business groups including Fraud Analytics and overall business unit senior leadership team. Creative and analytical thinking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.