Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the
J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager – Functional Planning.
Position can be located in US (Raritan, Titusville, NJ or Malvern, Spring
House, PA), and/or in EU (Beerse, other EU locations).
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops
treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research
and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders,
gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic
disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
- He/she will report to the head of Functional
Planning within the designated organization.
- The Manager – Functional Planning will provide line
management (when applicable & required) and direction to Analysts and
Senior Analysts in their daily responsibilities of a day-to-day operational
- Lead role in a support of all interactions for
functional portfolio management, cross-functional/cross-sector project
management team efforts, managing escalation & scope control process, &
work to proactively address all aspects of timely customer communications.
- The Manager – Functional Planning will serve to
assist the Head of Functional Planning in day-to-day management of planning systems (data accuracy,
capacity/resource allocation utilization, algorithm development and
evaluations), planning processes, data gathering and complex
analytics/reporting (plan vs. actual, supply vs. demand, scope change reporting
& financial accounting).
- Will utilize his/her strong technical skills in
executing budgeting cycles against cross-functional integrated plans, process
non-standard requests, lead metrics gathering & reporting, and provide
recommendations to connecting business operations for lean/efficient
- Will take on strong leadership role in support
of internal customer relations (ex. JSC, Medidata), cross-sector collaborations
(MD&D and Consumer portfolio support as it impacts individual function) and
participate in change management/process improvement initiatives as they
pertain to business operations.
- Work closely with the Head of Functional
Planning, SLT, functional managers and other customers (ex. PMO/Finance) for
global coverage of planning/resourcing scenarios, escalation/risk mitigation
process, data reconciliation & reporting management.
- Responsibilities will include but not be limited
to leading global functional and cross-functional teams in all business
planning activities, financial accountability (1-Supply, OOPs/PO management,
resource forecasting, variance accounting) and take on a leadership role in
special functional initiatives/process improvement activities upon request.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree or is required.
- At least 6 years of drug development experience is
- 4 years operational experience is required.
- 3 years hands-on -knowledge of planning
processes/tools is required.
- People Leadership skills; line management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or
other business management certifications are desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
with experience in working with cross-functional, cross-sector teams are
- Hands-on -knowledge of planning processes/tools
is required with knowledge of SAP systems (ex. Beacon) & AP process tools
(ex. Arriba) preferred.
- Excellent operational and analytical skills with
excellent knowledge of Excel and MS office tools are required.
- The candidate must work with great accuracy, be
customer- and service-focused, and able to support conflict resolution.
- He/she must have excellent time management,
priority setting and communications skills.
- Effective leadership skills and proven ability
to foster team productivity and cohesiveness are a must.
(10%) global and domestic may be required.
J&J is an equal opportunity employer
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-BeerseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.